Wednesday, March 07, 2007
TT # 30
|I haven't moved around a lot in my life to an exciting location. Mostly back and forth from school to work to school to work to law school, etc. So I thought it would be cool to tell you about the Thirteen Places I Have Lived (the might be the same ones ... this is just the chronological order of it all) |
1. Ok.. I am giving up a lot here ... Findlay, OH. Born and raised. Still live here. You realize, this doesn't go hand in hand with the anonymity that I want to keep, so ... don't tell my inlaws where I am, ok?
2. Rio Grande, OH. Went there for my first two years of college. Nothing too exciting. It is, however, the home of the Bob Evans Farm. When Bob was alive, he OWNED that town. I remember the age-old story of when a police officer pulled Bob over for speeding (Rio was known as the big speed trap along the way), and Bob looked at the officer and said "son, do you know who I am?" and the officer replied "no. Should I?" Bob read him the riot act. That officer learned ALL about Bob then.
3. Lexington, KY. Went from Rio Grande to Lexington to attend the University of Kentucky. Lived in a dorm with an RA. Hated EVERY minute of that, and so did my RA because one of the deals with being an RA was the fact that they didn't have to have roommates. Never liked her.
4. Sandusky, OH. Went to work at Cedar Point in between my jr. and sr. year in college. My first year there, and it was a BLAST!
5.Back to Lexington, but wisened up this time around and lived in university sponsored apartments. MUCH better deal than the last one.
6. BACK to Sandusky. Spent the summer there with Ace. What a magical summer it was....
7. BACK to Lexington for my final semester at UK.
8. Home to my parents. What a bummer this was. I remember being the surliest, nastiest person on the face of the planet. Which led me to take a job in the
9. marketing department at Cedar Point in February. Living on Lake Erie in the winter ... you KNEW I had to be desperate.
10. Ada, OH where I went to law school. Lived there for my first year. My mother insisted on it.
11. Findlay for my last two years of law school. Ace and I were married between my first and second year. There was a point in time when I moved in with my parents because Ace went down to
12. Lexington, KY. We moved down there after I graduated from law school, and had Queen Bee down there. Then we moved back to
13. Findlay, where we have been since 1999.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Labels: meme, Thursday Thirteen
I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.
Getting a house ready to sell
Teaching an old dog new tricks
Is she dead?
What could be SO important that ...
Just in case you miss those Saturday morning carto...
Friday's Feast # 4
Now don't get me wrong
Nothing too witty today