Wednesday, March 07, 2007

TT # 30


I haven't moved around a lot in my life to an exciting location. Mostly back and forth from school to work to school to work to law school, etc. So I thought it would be cool to tell you about the
Thirteen Places I Have Lived (the might be the same ones ... this is just the chronological order of it all)


1. Ok.. I am giving up a lot here ... Findlay, OH. Born and raised. Still live here. You realize, this doesn't go hand in hand with the anonymity that I want to keep, so ... don't tell my inlaws where I am, ok?

2. Rio Grande, OH. Went there for my first two years of college. Nothing too exciting. It is, however, the home of the Bob Evans Farm. When Bob was alive, he OWNED that town. I remember the age-old story of when a police officer pulled Bob over for speeding (Rio was known as the big speed trap along the way), and Bob looked at the officer and said "son, do you know who I am?" and the officer replied "no. Should I?" Bob read him the riot act. That officer learned ALL about Bob then.

3. Lexington, KY. Went from Rio Grande to Lexington to attend the University of Kentucky. Lived in a dorm with an RA. Hated EVERY minute of that, and so did my RA because one of the deals with being an RA was the fact that they didn't have to have roommates. Never liked her.

4. Sandusky, OH. Went to work at Cedar Point in between my jr. and sr. year in college. My first year there, and it was a BLAST!

5.Back to Lexington, but wisened up this time around and lived in university sponsored apartments. MUCH better deal than the last one.

6. BACK to Sandusky. Spent the summer there with Ace. What a magical summer it was....

7. BACK to Lexington for my final semester at UK.

8. Home to my parents. What a bummer this was. I remember being the surliest, nastiest person on the face of the planet. Which led me to take a job in the

9. marketing department at Cedar Point in February. Living on Lake Erie in the winter ... you KNEW I had to be desperate.

10. Ada, OH where I went to law school. Lived there for my first year. My mother insisted on it.

11. Findlay for my last two years of law school. Ace and I were married between my first and second year. There was a point in time when I moved in with my parents because Ace went down to

12. Lexington, KY. We moved down there after I graduated from law school, and had Queen Bee down there. Then we moved back to

13. Findlay, where we have been since 1999.






Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Jenny McB said...

So basically Ohio and Kentucky- where is your next move to? Cedar Point sounds like a great place to work while in college.
Teasing you about the two states, mine would be similar.....Massachusetts and New Hampshire.

Found your blog through the TT 13.

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Written like that, it looks like you've moved a lot!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Man, I've moved so many times, I'm envious!

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Having lived all those places another T13 might be "stuff I've lost while moving" -- unless you're great at packing! Thanks for sharing :)

9:36 PM  
Blogger armywife said...

i lived in lexington for many many years (also went to UK, go cats!) but recently moved away. i'm glad you came back after your terrible first roommate; i've always thought it was a wonderful town.

happy TT

10:15 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Wow ! I am thinking about all this packing up ! I only moved 3 times in my life and I can tell you it was more then enough, lol !

12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You surly? Never!
Hooray for you moving back here again and again, I knew we were supposed to be friends! :)

1:25 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

It looks like a lot of moving. I mean moving is moving even if it isn't very far. Ohio and Kentucky are both great places. My list would be to big for a TT..
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

3:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've only lived in three places...here, Radcliff, KY, and Fort Knox, KY. Oh, wait...five. I forgot Iron Mountain, MI and Loretto, MI, back from when I was a wee tot.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Sparky Duck said...

whats the travel time between Sandusky and Lexington, I could see tons of college kids working at Cedar Point, at least when they were sober.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Caylynn said...

Interesting that you ended up back where you were born! You certainly moved a lot while attending university.

Happy T13. :)

11:09 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Sparky duck ... it was about 6 hours from Sandusky to Lexington. It was a haul because there just is NO straight shot to Cedar Point from ANY direction, unless you are coming on the turnpike from Toledo or Cleveland.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Mercy's Maid said...

Interesting. I've only lived in 3 towns, all in the same state.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Elleoz said...

Wow! It really is a small world. I lived in Ada when I started school in 1980. I lived in a duplex that used to stand right across the street from the Law Library on Gilbert Street. My address was 418 Gilbert Street.

Sccaaarryy!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Christina (BookTasty) said...

Whenever I hear the name Lexington, I think of the Dashboard Confessional song. :) I'm amazed at how many places you've lived; I've only done 4 different places. I enjoyed your list

7:34 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I've been in this place for 37 years! I was born and raised in a town near here, lived in Montgomery AL when my husband was in the AF - moved to Peru IN and Wichita Falls TX - during that time. Then back home to another AL town, and then built where we are today. But, while here, he was transferred on his job to Nashville, TN where we stayed 5 yrs until he retired early in order to come home! Thank goodness we had our house here and I don't want to move anymore!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Janean said...

WOW, it's been awhile since I stopped by to see you. Glad to see everything is good.
I had to move home with my parents once too. It also made me cranky.
And I just have one question...Who in the heck is Bob Evans?

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Wordless Wednesday
Getting a house ready to sell
Teaching an old dog new tricks
Is she dead?
What could be SO important that ...
Just in case you miss those Saturday morning cartoons
Friday's Feast # 4
Now don't get me wrong
I lied
Nothing too witty today


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button