Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I would like for you to meet my sister

A friend of mine, a scrappin' sister, Wendy made the comment to me a year or so ago when we went to Crop A Doodle Do that I reminded her of someone. This is how the conversation went down.

You know what? Now I know who you remind me of!

Really. I hope it isn't someone awful.

Oh... I can't think of her name ... oh you know who she is ... that psycho woman in Misery!

Christie about peed her pants ... KATHY BATES?!?!!?! she screams?

Me ... I just sat there thinking to myself ... well, this could have gone two ways.

Hey..... you know who you remind me of? That woman from Fried Green Tomatoes ... not Jessica Tandy ... the younger one ... the funny one ... the one who took control of her life and found herself in that movie.

OR

Hey ... you know who you remind me of? That psycho from Misery! The one who hobbles poor James Caan. The one who was the nurse in the maternity ward, and she was killing off those babies. The one who pushed her husband out a window. THAT one!!!

So you can well imagine how I was feeling after that comment. It was funny ... and I didn't mind at all. Really, I didn't.

Fast forward to this morning.

Mini Martha had commented on how she thought the Monkey would love Annie. We have the remake of it (not the Carol Burnett/Tim Curry/Albert Finney version ... that one I grew up on and I LOVED it). This is the one with that dude from Titanic ... the ship's engineer ... and, you got it, Kathy Bates. As the nasty, crotchedy old Miss Hannigan.

Kathy sings her heart out in Little Girls, and the Queen looks over at me and says "Mommy!!!! You look JUST like her. But you aren't mean like that."

Like that. Like that.

Methinks there is a pattern that is emerging here.....

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I, in turn peed my pants yesterday when you called to share the news...

7:20 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Ooops...

Hey ... hope the presentation went well!

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just can't see the connection. You and Kathy Bates...don't see it.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Taoknitter said...

Well, I can't comment on the resemblance, but I have to say that I have always LOVED Kathy Bates...no-nonsense, take no prisoners, comfortable in her own skin...SOUNDS like you!

Thanks for the chuckle.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty thankful I really don't look like anyone. LOL!

Hey, and at least she said you aren't mean.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Thanks, Ann. You always know how to make me feel better!

Someday, I will post my ugly mug on here....

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love kathy bates!
she's very talented and very funny.
You should be flattered. She's very confident.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Yes, I agree with Ann, it's a compliment. A confident woman indeed, and I mean YOU!

Your response to this totally cracked me up!

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Blah blah blah blah
Whatever happened to just good old fashioned getti...
I want to watch the Freakin' Lizard!
Daily Docket Doozies
Our Farmer's Market
All Hail, The Mayor of Chalktown
Stupid Decision # 1,452,600
Methinks the hawks are following us
Dinner and a movie
and a sense of style....


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button