Friday, March 09, 2007

Friday's Feast # 5


Appetizer

What is your usual bedtime? Do you like that, or would you rather it be different?

It is anywhere between 10:30 and midnight to 12:30. I would love to get more sleep, but if I go to bed before 10:30, I toss and turn all night long, and it is the longest night for me.

Soup

When it comes to advice, do you give more or receive more?

HA! Give more. I can't keep my trap shut. And I need to learn to keep comments to myself because sometimes people just want to say something to say something, and I offer what I think are sage words of advice. And then I kick myself afterwards because I think "you know, they weren't asking me what I would do ... they were just wanting to tell me something."

Salad

Describe a memorable meal you've had.

It would have to be the night that Ace proposed to me. We ate at the Galt House in Louisville. Do I remember what I had? Nope. But I remember the afterwards....

Main Course

Name a work of fiction that affected the way you think about something.

Night. Even though I have read quite a few books about the Holocaust, that one has stayed with me for so long ... I whipped through it in one day, and I think about it a lot.

Dessert

What is your favorite type of fruit juice?

I LOVE Ocean Spray Cranapple juice. I am sure there is like 10 percent juice in it, but I still love it. I also love apple juice, but only when I am in a hospital. Something about being in the hospital reminds me of having apple juice.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur dessert made me smile =)

7:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

what a nice blog and feast. I work in a hospital and the kids love the apple juice..I loved all of your answers

8:19 AM  
Blogger ribbiticus said...

is should try your dessert! happy feasting! come see my spread! ;)

11:26 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Funny how we make associations with food. When I'm sick, I'll drink Seven-Up, but only when I'm sick. I remember my mom giving it to me as a kid and was sick.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

What a wonderful salad!
Great Friday Feast!
My feast is served.
Have a wonderful day!
TGIF
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a night owl, too. I never go to bed before midnight and I'm up at 5:30 am to get everyone ready for school.

3:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like this meme, but I can't, just can't! ha ha
Had a great time the other night girlie..
I'll see you later today or bright and early tomorrow!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Adventures in Baby Fat said...

About your book selection. Night stayed with me too! Long, long after I read it, I was moved and thought about it. Like you I whipped through it in a manner of hours.

Have you ever read Primo Levi's Survival in Auschwitz? That was the first book accounting a Holocaust experience that I read as a teenager. It's been years since I have re-read that book, but I do remember being affected similarly by it, mostly especially the first time through.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

TT # 30
Wordless Wednesday
Getting a house ready to sell
Teaching an old dog new tricks
Is she dead?
What could be SO important that ...
Just in case you miss those Saturday morning cartoons
Friday's Feast # 4
Now don't get me wrong
I lied


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button