Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Spiders and bees and ants .... OH MY!

Dude. My kids. SCREAM at the sight of ANY flying object. Who is the chief instigator of it all? Queen Bee herself. If it is a stinging insect, well it just might as well be a tornado that is going to rip her house apart in front of her very eyes. She screams. BEE! WASP! It's going to sting me.

You would think with all the carrying on that goes on with her and flying, stinging insects that she has been stung like a google times already. In one spot. But she hasn't. Her brother, on the other hand, met up with a wasp down by the river at my parents house, about 1/2 a mile away. We could hear him screaming all the way down to their house. Now that is well-founded fear.

But Queen Bee. No way. She has NO idea what a sting feels like. She just has a paralyzing fear that is now being transferred to the Door Man and the Monkey.

They were outside playing last week during the Monkey's nap. Queen Bee had to come back inside because she saw "shadows of bees" flying around.

Give me an effing break. Seriously. HOW could I raise such mealy-mouthed kids when it comes to bugs? Is it because I am such a strong person that they want to be weak? The Monkey calls everything a ladybug, which would have a cute connotation if it weren't for the fact that she is deathly afraid of them.

But the real kicker today outside was when the Door Man came up to me to let me know that his toenail was "coming off." It had ripped a little at the side, nothing debilitating, really. Well, in MY opinion, nothing debilitating. To the Door Man ... well, his TOENAIL WAS BEING RIPPED OFF! And to make matters worse, he doesn't like the toenail clippers. They are from the devil, I tell you!

So, here I have Queen Bee, who is supposed to be going inside to get the Door Man some clippers, screaming at the bees that are swarming the house like in some really bad made for tv movie about the dreaded African Bees that allegedly were in Mexico and making their way into Texas back in 1984, and the Door Man, screeching at the top of his lungs about how much he hates!!!!!! toenail clippers, saying they are going to maim him for life. You can well imagine how much the neighbors are looking forward to this summer.

And SO am I.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG@! The code, the secrets..so much pressure. I'll try to mind my *&^%& p's and q's..ALRIGHT? ALRIGHT! Am I allowed to link this or no..
Some people are so BORING if you know what I mean....
Are you keeping up the other blog for appearances? Welcome to the world of managing personalities..
fun, ain't it?!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

In answer to your question, dear friend: I am keeping up the other for appearances, and will post the random "this is what we are doing today" post. But other than that, the action is here, baby! And you don't have to keep the code. I just thought it was kinda fun to do it this way.
and it is totally up to you if you want to link to this one .... I don't care.

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Well guess what?
Damnit...
So that story about my father in law
Am I this famous?


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button