Wednesday, October 11, 2006
TT # 14
Raising Arizona has been playing on one of the movie channels. This is one of those movies where, no matter how many times you watch it, you catch more and more of the lines. This movie, Fargo, and O Brother, Where Art Thou are movies that I love to watch over and over again, listening for something new. And yes... a theme runneth through them. They are all Coen Brothers films.
13 Lines from Raising Arizona
1. H.I., you're young and you got your health, what you want with a job?
2. They've got a name for people like you H.I. That name is called "recidivism."
Not a pretty name, is it H.I.?
No sir. That is one bonehead name. But that ain't me anymore.
3. Da**it, are you boys gonna chase down your leads or are you gonna sit drinkin' coffee in the one house in the state where I know my boy ain't at?
4. Name's Smalls. Leonard Smalls. My friends call me Lenny... only I ain't got no friends.
5. Wake up, Son. I'll be taking these Huggies and whatever cash ya got. And make it quick, I'm in dutch with the wife.
6. Biology and the prejudices of others conspired to keep us childless.
7. There's right and there's right and never the t'wain shall meet.
8. Why do you say you feel "trapped" in a man's body?
Well, sometimes I get them menstrual cramps real hard.
9. Edwina's insides were a rocky place where my seed could find no purchase.
10. We figured there was too much happiness here for just the two of us, so we figured the next logical step was to have us a critter.
11. Now you take that diaper off your head and you put it back on your sister!
12. We finally go out with decent people and you break his nose. That ain't too funny, Hi.
His kids seemed to think it was funny.
Well they're just kids.
13. If not Arizona, then a land not too far away. Where all parents are strong and wise and capable. And all children are happy and beloved. I don't know. Maybe it was Utah.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.
Wordless Wednesday # 1 - Water, Hillbilly Style