Wednesday, October 11, 2006

TT # 14

Raising Arizona has been playing on one of the movie channels. This is one of those movies where, no matter how many times you watch it, you catch more and more of the lines. This movie, Fargo, and O Brother, Where Art Thou are movies that I love to watch over and over again, listening for something new. And yes... a theme runneth through them. They are all Coen Brothers films.

Here are....

13 Lines from Raising Arizona

1. H.I., you're young and you got your health, what you want with a job?

2. They've got a name for people like you H.I. That name is called "recidivism."

Repeat offender!

Not a pretty name, is it H.I.?

No sir. That is one bonehead name. But that ain't me anymore.

3. Da**it, are you boys gonna chase down your leads or are you gonna sit drinkin' coffee in the one house in the state where I know my boy ain't at?

4. Name's Smalls. Leonard Smalls. My friends call me Lenny... only I ain't got no friends.

5. Wake up, Son. I'll be taking these Huggies and whatever cash ya got. And make it quick, I'm in dutch with the wife.

6. Biology and the prejudices of others conspired to keep us childless.

7. There's right and there's right and never the t'wain shall meet.

8. Why do you say you feel "trapped" in a man's body?

Well, sometimes I get them menstrual cramps real hard.

9. Edwina's insides were a rocky place where my seed could find no purchase.

10. We figured there was too much happiness here for just the two of us, so we figured the next logical step was to have us a critter.

11. Now you take that diaper off your head and you put it back on your sister!

12. We finally go out with decent people and you break his nose. That ain't too funny, Hi.

His kids seemed to think it was funny.

Well they're just kids.

13. If not Arizona, then a land not too far away. Where all parents are strong and wise and capable. And all children are happy and beloved. I don't know. Maybe it was Utah.





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


34 Comments:

Blogger Tug said...

I am SO bad with movie quotes...my daughter can do an entire movie!

Happy TT!

10:50 PM  
Blogger My Shoes said...

you know, I have not seen this movie in its entirety.I have seen fargo at least 6 times. something about that one just draws me in.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Irish Church Lady :) said...

I'm gonna have to check this movie out! Sounds like a classic! Happy TT!

11:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Loved this movie ~ Nicholas Cage and Holly Hunter...oh and John Goodman! Classic!

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Thursday!

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't even remember seeing this movie. It sounds so funny.

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love #9 LOL!

11:58 PM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

I love that movie! Also O Brother where art thou? Definitely classic lines.

12:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The only movies I can quote from are Titanic and Dirty Dancing.

Mine's up. Care to drop by?

2:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great movie..My first NIck cage film

5:25 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

I've not seen this in awhile, but always enjoyed it. Thanks for reminding me of this movie. Thanks too for stopping by.

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have watched that movie before and couldn't tell you any of the quotes. Sometimes, I rent movies and don't remember I have seen them. Guess I am having senior moments.

Great post
Happy TT

5:59 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Don't think that this was due to the mighty powers of recall. www.imdb.com gets all the credit. I just knew which ones were my faves.

6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol - fun list :) Happy TT!

6:40 AM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Tooo funny!

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

off and running already this am! Excellent memory..
I'm taking a TT vaction today!
See you tomorrow!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Darla said...

That's such a fun movie! I can just hear #9--it's a classic. :)

7:45 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

i know, i know. I'm weird. But I never 'got' this movie. And I've tried!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

That is so funny. That was a good movie. I may have to rent it and watch it again.
Thanks so much for stopping by my T13.

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Raising Arizona.

Great TT.

Mine is finally up. Stoopid Blogger.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I've never seen the movie, but it sounds good.

My TT is up.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Love that movie. It's the best.

Happy Thursday!

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen this movie in forever. Have to watch it again.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

Out of the thousands of TT entries I had to stop by someone who loves Raising Arizona. One of my all-time funniest movies. "Son, you've got a panty on your head!" I'm up too.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Julie Q. said...

Any film that uses Utah as the final punchline strikes a chord with this ol' Utah gal. I still remember the first time my friends and I saw the movie and when we got to that line at the end I thought we were all going to die laughing.

It's even funnier now that I have kids.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I haven't seen that movie in forever. I'll have to go put that in my Netflix queue. Happy TT!

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved #8 that cracked me up. Thanks for visiting my blog =)

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband just LOVES this movie!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Crayonsetc said...

And I have yet to see that movie!! We do have Fargo... and I wasn't too fond of O' Brother where art thou... guess I am weird ;)

Happy TT!!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Sophisticated Writer said...

Your post is hilarious. Happy TT!

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not into the movie, but i can APPRECIATE your passion for it! :-)

happy thursday, and thanks for the visit!

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never seen this movie. I may have to go and check it out!

6:39 PM  
Blogger BlondeBrony said...

It is a good movie. I've only seen it once though.
Happy TT!

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually never remember a single line from a movie--even after seeing it a hundred times!!!

I've only seen Raising Arizona 2 or 3 times. Funny movie!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Lots of people LOVE this movie! I don't think I've ever seen more than maybe 10 minutes of it. I should probably watch it, huh?

Thanks for coming by to visit Snarkypants! I appreciated it! (I'm on the "better late than never" train of commenting!)

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Wordless Wednesday # 1 - Water, Hillbilly Style
Popularity and Daily Affirmations
Nicknames: The Door Man Edition
A shout out to my new renter
Technologically challenged
Where in the BLEEP did my weekend go?
The Pink Diary's Statistics
Only 13 more hours
In 24 hours
TT # 13


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button