Monday, November 06, 2006

How much DO you love me?

Over the weekend, I kept thinking about my friends going to the cool Queen of the Crop. I wondered what cool things they were making. I wondered what cool products they were buying. Better yet, I wondered what new phrase would come out of this trip that would be added to "shut yo mouf" and "it doesn't matter what state we're in."

So I decided to drown my selfish feelings of not being able to go with a few Creating Keepsakes mags from the library. I discovered these a few weeks ago, and why it took me that long to figure that out is beyond me.

I sat at the jr. sized table in the kid's part of the library as the Man entertained himself with board books, puzzles, and playing on their computer. It is a great time to just unwind, especially when you have only one kid to lose in the stacks.

I opened up the October issue of the the magazine, and instantly found this:


I jokingly looked at the Man and said "do you think Daddy would buy that for Mommy?" and he instantly said HE would buy it for me.

You see, we are space challenged in this house. Maximum amount of crap vs. minimum amount of square footage. This would be the PERFECT solution for our small house. It could be an armoire all folded up, and a scrapbook haven when opened and utilized to its full potential. It really is a sweet setup.

I couldn't wait to get home and look it up online.

And then my bubble burst. Any guesses?

Ace said "I love you .... " and walked away.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Curtis said...

Too funny. I get excited about stuff like that too (same issues with max crap and min space). Wayne just glazes over when I look through catalogs like that.

But then, I glaze over when he starts reciting some boat auction on eBay, too;)

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You shut your dirty mouth", "stinky kitty vs. freshest kitty on the block", "stale meat", and "I don't EVER want to see that again"..just to name a few..a few others I just can't write here..
We had an awesome time girlie, but we MISSED you! We talked about you..we would be working and then someone would say "oh, look at that whatever (blank board book)..would all just look at each other and say "Mere"...You've left an impression, for sure. You HAVE to go with us in the spring. Christie was crowned Queen, so we have to return..
More on that later :)
That scrap closet would be perfect in your house! Love it!

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want one! I'm going to find one right now. My husband alway gripes about my stuff being everywhere. Now I have the perfect solution for him.
Thanks!!!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Hey Jenn.... that is at www.for-keeps-sake.com

Get ready to shell out over $ 2000 for it, though!

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, does that mean you're not getting it for Christmas? LOL!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

That would be awesome....

10:37 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Oh, it's beautiful and I want one. Yikes, the $$$$, oh well, one can dream. How sweet your boy would get it for you.

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Star Wars: Fix YouTo show you that I am a true Sta...
Overheard at our house
The Birkenstocks Made Me Do It
It's my blog and I'll spam if I want to .... spam ...
Respecting other's property
TT # 17 - Bacon ... I Smell Bacon!
Ode to Kevin
WW # 4 - Sometimes it crosses my mind, too
Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon
Being a Kid


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button