Wednesday, November 01, 2006

TT # 17 - Bacon ... I Smell Bacon!



We all need a little Bacon in our lives. Especially this one...

As previously stated and promised, this week I bring you

Thirteen Six Degrees of Separation of Kevin Bacon



1. Sissy Spacek:

Sissy Spacek to Tommy Lee Jones in Coal Miner's Daughter

Tommy Lee Jones to Will Smith in Men in Black

Will Smith to Kevin Kline in Wild Wild West(or whatever that was called)

Kevin Kline to Sally Fields in Soapdish

Sally Fields to Gary Sinise in Forrest Gump

Gary Sinise to Kevin in Apollo 13

2. Andrew Dice Clay:

The Dice Man to Molly Ringwald in Pretty in Pink

Molly Ringwald to Emilio Estevez in The Breakfast Club

Emilio Estevez to Kiefer Sutherland in Young Guns

Kiefer to Kevin in A Few Good Men

3. Jake Busey (son of Gary Busey):

Jake Busey to Tom Skeritt in Contact

Tom Skeritt to Tom Cruise in Top Gun

Tom Cruise to Kevin Bacon in A Few Good Men

4. Gary Busey:

This one is almost too easy, but I decided to throw it in there: Gary Busey to Tom Cruise in The Firm

See # 3.

5. Reese Witherspoon:

Reese Witherspoon to Joaquin Phoenix in Walk the Line

Joaquin Phoenix to Mel Gibson in Signs

Mel Gibson to Helen Hunt in What Women Want

Helen Hunt to Jack Nicholson in As Good As it Gets

Jackie Boy to Kevin in A Few Good Men

6. Keanu Reeves

:Keanu to Hugo Weaving in the Matrix movies

Hugo to Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta

Natalie to Julia Roberts in Closer

Julia to Tom Skeritt

Tom to Tom

Tom to Kevin

7. Billy Baldwin:

Billy Baldwin to Kurt Russell in Backdraft

Kurt Russell to Richard Dreyfus in Poseidon

Richard Dreyfus to Olympia Dukakis in Mr. Holland's Opus

Olympia Dukakis to Tom Skeritt in Steel Magnolias

Tom Skeritt to Tom Cruise in Top Gun

Tom Cruise to Kevin Bacon in A Few Good Men

8. George Clooney:

George Clooney to Julia Roberts in Ocean's 11

Julia Roberts to Tom Skeritt in Steel Magnolias

Tom to Tom

Tom to Kevin

9. Patrick Dempsey

Ok. I don't watch Grey's Anatomy so is this the guy you were talking about, Kelly? If so .. here goes. If not, then he's an extra:

The only movie I remember him being in was Mobsters ... it was a baaaaad movie but oh well... and the only person I can think of in that movie other than him was Christian Slater... Patrick to Christian

Christian to Winona Ryder in Heathers

Winona to Alec Baldwin in Beetlejuice

Alec to James Earl Jones in Hunt for Red October

JEJ to Kevin Costner in Field of Dreams

Kevin to Kevin in JFK

10. Danny Bonaducci

Ok, I have to admit this one has me REALLY stumped. I can't think of one single movie where I have seen Danny, so I am going to try this from the television angle, at least at first to get Danny out of tv.

Danny Bonaducci to David Cassidy in The Partridge Family

And that is where I get stuck. I just don't know enough about the Partridge Family. I know that Shirley Jones was the mom, and I am sure that she appeared in an episode of two of The Love Boat. But even trying to get THAT connection out of there is too hard. I will have to think on this one. So I will admit defeat on this one.

*************************************************************

Ok. I think I have this one figured out. I did have to cheat just once ... to see if I knew that this person was actually in this movie. So this one really can't be claimed a victory, I don't think.

Danny to Shirley in the Partridge Family

Shirley to Gavin McLeod (isn't that him ... Captain Steubing) on The Love Boat

Gavin to Mary Tyler Moore in The Mary Tyler Moore Show

MTM to Elizabeth McGovern (this is where I cheated) in Ordinary People

Elizabeth McGovern to Kevin in She's Having a Baby

There. I did it.

11, 12, and 13 I will play tomorrow with people you, my readers shout out to me. I am tired. It is late, and I intended on being in bed over an hour ago.





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!







20 Comments:

Blogger Tracie Nall said...

Fun list!! I am going to come back to see if you can make the Danny Bonoducci link! If you can do that, then you are the master and should get an award of some type!

12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok girl you are just tooo good! I didn't remember Gary Busey was in the Firm! Your actor knowledge far exceeds mine!!! If ever I find myself on a game show and I have the "phone a friend option" it'll be you!!!

12:59 AM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

Lol! Vey funny and then in the middle you chucked in Tom Skerritt too ~ hubba!

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

an interesting idea for a list ;)

1:25 AM  
Blogger Nathalie said...

Wow, how long did it take you to come up with that (scary thought, I don't think it took you very long)
:)
Happy TT!

6:27 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Honestly, I did a few mentally ahead of time (Sissy Spacek took me some time, really). The others I did on the fly last night. And it took me about 45 minutes with the thinking and the typing.

The Danny Bonaducci one still bugs me. Wasn't he on one of those VH1 reality shows,too? I know that Shirley was on at least one Love Boat, but I would have to link her through the regular cast because that is just unfair to link her through the whole show when she might not have been in an episode with that person.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

i have to go find the link, but my alma mater UVA did an online game to see if you could enter someone with more degrees of separation to Kevin Bacon. The highest i ever got was 3!

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woman..you rock..that had to take so much TIME!
Nobody can top you at this game..you OWN it!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Darla said...

Oh, this is FUN! The Bacon Oracle actually lists Danny Bonaduce with a Bacon Number of only 2... but I'd never seen either movie.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

OMG, you thought all that through? Yikes, no wonder you are tired, well, and you're a wife and mommy.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Darla! Are you SERIOUS? I have to go check that out and bow down to the prowess.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Kelly Curtis said...

YOU ROCK!!!

Yes, that's the guy. I do watch Grey's anatomy and obviously didn't know his name (duh).

And I realized later my George Clooney suggestion was WAYYYYY too easy;)

By the way, how is it a person can be hooked on Battlestar Galactica, yet NOT WATCH GREYS ANATOMY???

Okay - answering my own question. They're probably not all that much alike...

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... how you keep up with all that is beyond me :-).

11:53 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Stephanie, it is called worthless information recall. Seriously. I will be talking to friends, and I have to preface EVERYthing with about 5 minutes on why I decided to talk about that particuar subject before I even get into the subject itself. I am sure many of my friends just want to throw a rope into my mouth and drag out the information themselves.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! You do rock. And I don't mind that you fudged a bit on Danny Bonaducci.

And yes, he's on a VH1 reality show. He might have been on more than one, but I caught 5 minutes (I was sucked in, like watching a train wreck) of Breaking Bonaducci where his wife kicked him out.

Anyhow, bravo!

I didn't do a TT this week, but I have a great post dedicated to Pman.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Olive said...

That was fun! I enjoyed your TT!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

That was so much fun. And a great pic of Kevin!

Have a great Thursday!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

wow, you are good.

nice picture of Kevin.

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am impressed! Wow!

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun!

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Ode to Kevin
WW # 4 - Sometimes it crosses my mind, too
Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon
Being a Kid
The Brownies need your help!
Oh you Star Wars geeks
Memories from childhood
Why it sucks to be my manager right now...
TT # 16
WW # 3 - Llama Love


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button