Wednesday, December 20, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Well, I know what I will be talking about in my TT tomorrow.... one of my all time favorite Christmas movies.

Robin, I will have to check out Nacho Libre. I asked the Queen if she liked it, and she said "you know me ... I don't watch movies a lot." THAT is an understatement.

So ... is it really looking like Christmas in your neck of the woods? Because it certainly isn't here. And I am really, really, really trying to get into the spirit of it all, but it is hard. When Hobby Lobby starts putting their trees up in August (NOT kidding on that one), and going from Halloween directly to Christmas, practically bypassing Thanksgiving, makes it very hard to get into the swing of things.

The Christmas shopping is almost finished. We just have a few things to finish up for the kidlets. I have to make a scrapbook (yes, I haven't even STARTED) for the Mominator. I bought this really cool chipboard book for her to fill up. I just might go look at Hobby Lobby at their scrapbook kits that are on sale at 30 percent off this week just so I don't have to start from scratch on it. I also have to finish up the MIL's Stampin' Up calendar. But she won't be here for another week or so, so I have time on that one. You know, why do today what you can put off until tomorrow. That's my motto....

The kids have their respective Christmas parties tomorrow and Friday. We have to get party favors to the Man's and Monkey's classes, and books to the Queen's and Man's classes. Those are purchased and wrapped, believe it or not. I am actually AHEAD of the game on that one, only because the Man asked me nicely to get them yesterday, and I had the time to do it.

I haven't baked.

I haven't wrapped (but in my defense, that doesn't happen until the Eve).

The tree IS up. The decorations ARE out. The house IS decorated. So we do have the outward appearance of being prepared for this holiday.

And that is what is important right? No matter how scattered you might be on the inside, as long as you give the outward appearance of being prepared, all things will go well.

And that is my mantra for the remainder of the week.

Now, if we can just get the weather to cooperate as I just heard that we are in for the mid to upper 40s. No white Christmas for us....

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was noticing your beautiful tree in your window while checking out my new office space...
Something tells me I'll be checking you all out alot ha ha ha!!
It's all about appearances woman, if your arch nemisis taught you anything, it should be "looks are all that matter" :)
Everyone thinks I have it together, all the time..
truth is, I'm a mess inside!!!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

you should see how the tree has decided that the top layer and the middle layer lights just shouldn't work anymore. Sweet. It looks like a candy cane!

I will be sure to find out your work days, and put signs up in the window!

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you believe it, a white Christmas is questionable for us! There has been a bit about snow coming up from the south and hitting Friday, with continued flurries Sat and Sun, but no guarantees. I'm in the banana belt of Michigan, so often everyone around us gets nailed and we get nothing.

Good thing I didn't buy the kids sleds for Christmas.

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful tree! Snow is totally out of the question here but I can always wish!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love Jack, and Nacho Libre was funny, but just "okay" It's worth watching but not worth buying the DVD or Seeing it in a theater. If that helps!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love Jack, and Nacho Libre was funny, but just "okay" It's worth watching but not worth buying the DVD or Seeing it in a theater. If that helps!

6:37 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Haven't baked either, it bothers me. I love to bake, but can't find the time this year. Sniff.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Do pull apart sugar cookies count as "baking?"

I guess it depends on who you ask, right? ;)

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

I'm singing in the shower ...and in the kitchen......
Bah Humbug!
American Greetings Calendar
Good idea or bad?
I wish I knew how to quit you
Alternate spellings
A sign of great things to come?
Admiral Adama ... yougotanylipgloss?
Baby dolls forgotten
The little girl who loves lip gloss


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button