Monday, December 18, 2006

I wish I knew how to quit you

Ok. I can't get Brokeback Mountain out of my mind.

I know. This movie is SOOO two years ago. Ace and I saw it on DVD, and the funny thing about that was ... the television that we watched it on was so dark, we thought that "the" scene in the tent was all dark and all you heard were the noises, so it was left to the viewer's imagination on what happened.

Now it is playing on the movie channels, and I happened to watch it a few weeks ago on our new tv. And guess what? That scene ain't dark. So there is little left to the imagination after viewing that.

The first time we watched it, I didn't think it was a stellar movie. I'm not a huge Jake or Heath fan. I think Jake has beautiful eyes, but that is about all. So I wasn't singing its praises.

But now that it is playing on the movie channels, it is one of those that I will sit and watch. A few times.

And now I know why. I am an aural person. I LOVE the music, and I love the scenery against which the movie is set. I love the whole desolation of the movie. A love that will not be realized. A love that died when Jake's character died in the end. But that theme music ... it just stays with me. That bluegrassy, country feeling of it. I love it.

And when that final scene of Heath opening up the closet and saying "Jack, I swear" with tears in his eyes, looking at the picture of the mountain where they shared their love.... it has stayed with me for quite a while now.

I guess I love movies that are doomed from the beginning because there is always a part of me that is hoping that it will all work out in the end.

And yes. I am going to admit this: that movie was sexy to me. There. I said it. Another favorite scene of mine is when Jack is standing by the fire and is sleeping on his feet, and Ennis comes up from behind him and puts his arm around his neck and talks to him.

It was that love, that love that could never be realized.... it just gets to me. And I can't stop thinking about it....

************************************************************************************
While you are here, click on my new renter's thumbnail to the left ... she's got an uber cool blog, and she and I share the same feelings about that da** spam email! When you are there, stop in and comment, too!

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have yet to see it, but I really really want to. Now you have prompted me. DH is gone for a few days, so tonight I will have to go rent. LOL.

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen it yet either. I was kind of reluctant. Maybe I will go rent it sometime.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Well now I hope you all like it because I will feel partially responsible ... ok ... completely responsible for making you two watch it.

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

M- I LOVE this movie. From the get go. Love it..totally sexy hot. There, I said it too. I'm so the opposite of homophobic and am a fan of true love..especially when it goes against all odds. My super conservative republican hubby also watched it and admittedly liked it.
So there!

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my hubby wouldn't watch it with me. I've seen it twice. While it's not a big favorite I did like how it took a look at true love.

I think if that's the way you feel about someone, there's no changing it. I tried to explain it to my hubby and he's like "yeah, but it's too guys having sex." For me it's not about that, just the emotions. I thought it was sexy too, so that makes three of us!

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm probably one of the few people left on Earth who haven't seen this movie yet. I've heard great things about it.

9:01 PM  
Blogger erin said...

I just saw that movie for the first time last week. When it was over I was like "what was such the big deal about that movie?" I found it a little dull. Although it did stay with me for a few days so maybe that means it was a good movie.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Lady E ... that is exactly how I was the first time we saw it ... it was like "so what?" but now that I have seen it a few more times, it just gets to me more and more.

And I was just watching it tonight! I'm a junkie!

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never seen that movie. And honestly, probably never will. Not until it hits TBS and becomes their next Saturday night classic (or whatever they call it when they play the same movie Fri, Sat AND Sun nights...Hey TBS, is that really necessary?).

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of "unexplored territory"...

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Alternate spellings
A sign of great things to come?
Admiral Adama ... yougotanylipgloss?
Baby dolls forgotten
The little girl who loves lip gloss
Lest you think I lie about my choir director not l...
TT # 21
This ominous feeling
Old Friends
Red Man Walking


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button