Sunday, January 21, 2007

Easin' like Sunday morning...

At 3:19 am, my great nephew was brought into this world via c-section. I had a feeling he would be born in this manner as my niece was not progressing well at all. Even though she got to 9 cm dilated, the little stinker never moved past plus one station. The doc thought he was stuck somehow. Hmmmm... you went to med school to make that determination?

And this doc ... very hands-off. And I imagine he has had to be that way, but he had NO other patients after his one patient was in, delivered, and out in a matter of hours.

My poor niece was tired. My poor sister was tired and worried. I really felt sorry for her the most, knowing that my niece was at least getting some rest in the room.

But he is here, he is healthy, and from what I hear, has some dark hair on his little noggin.

but I didn't win the weight pot ... I guess 6 lbs 10 oz. My sister was dead on with 7 lbs 4 oz. And I am sure she will give the money to my niece and her husband. Or the baby.

And I hope that they decide to wait a while before thinking about having another one. Like ... when I have moved away to Alaska. That way they can just call me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! I know you are glad that is all over!
Hate having to go through both types of labor and delivery..seems so unfair somehow..

9:34 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Hurray for another beautiful baby in the world!

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Great Auntie Maniac! (Gee, that looks funny typed out.)

I'm glad that there's a new healthy baby in the family. Spoil him rotten. ;)

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Ever feel like a raging mommy?
A Valentine's Day Event
So Sorry
Pardon me if I don't believe you
Do you REALLY want to know how your driving is?
Nope ... nothing scintillating yet
Such an exciting weekend
Welcome Aboard
It saddens my heart...
The saga of the thick thighs


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button