Friday, January 19, 2007

A Valentine's Day Event

Local Girl at an Island Life is hosting a Valentine's Day get to know you event. It looks like a lot of fun.

If you sign up in her Mr. Linkie, you will be sending a box of something (candy, whatever you would like, as long as it isn't something your blogger doesn't want) to the blogger listed immediately after you. It is a great way to get to know other bloggers and possibly make some new friends along the way.

We have a local chocolatier here in our town, so I know what my blogger friend is going to be receiving, as long as s/he isn't opposed to receiving chocolate!

It looks like a lot of fun! If you are interested, pop on over to check it out!

*************************************************************************************
On another note, I am feeling 100 percent better than I was yesterday. The sinus headache has abated, and the antibiotic is kicking in.

Life is starting to return to normal around here. I will have to say that my niece's life is about ready to take a turn tomorrow morning. She is being induced tomorrow morning at 6 am.

And my sister is in full mode, neurotic mother syndrome.

My sister gives a new definition to the word neuroses.

Last week, when I wasn't feeling well, Ace had my BIL come over and help him move our treadmill back to the basement so Ace could start a running regimen. My BIL agreed, and he and my sister came over to the house. My sister spent about 20 minutes in here with us, didn't make contact with me whatsoever, and then they left.

The next day, when I started to realize that I wasn't getting any better and that I was actually feeling worse, I was speaking with her on the phone. She then said "I just feel really bad that we came over to your house yesterday."

I asked her why she felt bad (thinking that she felt bad about putting me out with having a guest when I wasn't feeling well). Well.. far from the truth.

She felt bad because she doesn't want her daughter to get sick.

Ok. Give me a break.

First of all, we didn't kiss. Second, we didn't shake hands. Third, we didn't even come in physical contact with one another. Fourth, you just made me feel like Typhoid Mary.

I informed her that my niece has been making weekly dr's office visits, and she could pick up more crap in a dr's office than anyplace else. Or the handle of a shopping cart. So seriously ... the chances of my sister picking something up at MY house, and passing it to HER daughter are so remotely removed.

But she can't think these things through. She just has to blurt it all out there.

She calls me later in the afternoon, and I think "oh ...she's going to apologize to me for being an ass" but instead asks me if I still have our glider.

Ummmm... no. Anything else you want to say?

Oh ... ok. Thanks. I thought you still had it. I guess I will give her my rocking chair.

Dude. First: shouldn't you have thought about this before now? Second: thanks for apologizing.

So now we are down to the very last day ... and my enabling sister is going to be the biggest wreck. And I have told her I would be there. Because my sister was there when I gave birth to my first two kids.

I just don't know what I am going to do with her. All. Day. Long.

God grant me the strength....

5 Comments:

Blogger Renee Nefe said...

Hi there! It looks like I'm your Valentines buddy. So I'll need to get your snail mail addy...email me at reneenefe(at)yahoo(dot)com

Sorry your sis is being so neurotic...kinda comes with the territory though. The hospital kinda drills it into your head that you need to be super sterile...which is so funny because they aren't and you catch worse critters from your doctor's tye. LOL I hope she returns to normal soon.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

hello there, Renee!!! Glad to get to know you!

I will be emailing you shortly!

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't there a sister like that in every family. I don't have a sister but I have a mother like that.

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't even imagine my sister saying something like that to me! Good luck!

4:20 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Take some games to occupy the time with her, then hopefully the conversation will be a little more pleasant. My husband and I played travel Scrabble while I was in labor, it got my mind off the pain while I focused on winning (although I didn't).

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

So Sorry
Pardon me if I don't believe you
Do you REALLY want to know how your driving is?
Nope ... nothing scintillating yet
Such an exciting weekend
Welcome Aboard
It saddens my heart...
The saga of the thick thighs
TT # 25
What a nerd!


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button