Thursday, January 11, 2007

TT # 25



Ok. I am having one of those mornings where I have no original thoughts. So I thought I would just have my ramblings for another TT13. Sorry to bore you all. To my sistahs .... it is cup time, ladies ... hence the overall tone of the post.

Thirteen Random Thoughts

1. Man ... Ohio State sure SUCKED Monday night. I can't believe they lost like that!

2. I wonder when my niece is going to go into labor? And I wonder how far she will make it without medication. And I wonder how big he will be?

3. WHY do I have to have at least ONE child who, on a daily basis, tells me that their stomach hurts? Just now, the Queen informed me that her tummy "feels funny" and isn't sure if it is the BAD funny feeling. Oh joy. PLEASE let it be hunger pains.

4. I need to find another job. I keep getting these subtle hints that it is time to move on... the most recent: me dropping the ball on getting to a training session in 2006 for this huge deal of where the company is going. Yeah. I MESSED up and didn't get my session scheduled, thinking they were going to offer something this year. So I get a phone call from the manager yesterday afternoon.... such a LOVELY feeling. Seriously. Even though I love the flexibility of this job, I don't think I am pulled together enough to work at home.

5. I need to prepare for the class I am teaching tonight. Hmmm.... how to order a pizza when you need to study for a test and don't have time to make dinner? That could take about 20-25 minutes of class time ... go through the coupons, look at the pizza joints in the phone book, call around to see who has the best delivery time ... I might be on to a lesson plan here!

6. Why can't I have the time and money to do EXACTLY what I WANT to do, as opposed to working like a dog to do all the things I HAVE to do? I know that we all have responsibilities. Don't get me wrong ... I am not whining because I don't want those responsibilities. But it just seems that there are people out there who are doing exactly what they want, having fun at it, and getting PAID for it! I was reading Donna Downey's blog this morning ... case in point, not only for her, but for the owner of the scrapbook store that is pictured on Donna's blog.

7. Am I just lazy for not realizing my dreams and aspirations? Or am I just scared? Or a little of both?

8. Oh CRAP! I think we have to start selling Girl Scout cookies pretty soon!

9. I have a wonderful husband. He has really pulled a lot of weight around here so I could teach this class at night. Thanks, Ace!

10. Maybe I should schedule some dental appointments before I get fired. See # 4.

11. I wonder how Jacque's mom is?

12. I need to mail out some books today. Dude. This is turning into a to-do list, isn't it?

13. I suppose I should ship this yarn out to my aunt in Chicago as opposed to letting it sit on top of my monitor, staring at me in the face.

You all have a great Thursday! Love to each and every one of you!







Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





23 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

I love the peanut butter Girl Scout cookies! Thanks for dropping by :)

7:40 AM  
Blogger Zeus said...

I think everyone gets like this once in awhile. I hope you don't get too bogged down in your own thoughts though! Everything will work out in time.

Happy Thursday to you!

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I was at ICL's blog and read hers and you said yours was 'worse' in the lame a$$ category...hadda check it out.

Nah!!! I enjoyed reading your thoughts.

I sure hope that yarn doesn't start to move any!!! Lordy lordy...I'd be screamin' and runnin'!!!

Happy Thursday

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're already selling the cookies. Actually dh is selling them for me. heh heh

Awesome blog...I'll be back :)

8:21 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Oh no! It's girl scout cookie time. Funny how you are the one who is selling them, though!

And by the way, when I find my goals on the backburner, i look at them again. Sometimes, they need a fine tuning!

Happy Thursday!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Bellezza said...

knittiing maniac, you sound just like me when I'm in my normal routine: a bit harried at all that's required of us! At least you comfort me in that I'm not alone. Could you perhaps work out a job on your knitting talents? You are a very talented woman, and I believe in your skills.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

I could write a long to do list too! But I am too busy blogging to do any of those things so why bother! I am afraid this is becoming a guilty pleasure blogging! I just procrastinate so much more now!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Bellezza... thank you. I appreciate hearing that.

I have been looking into areas of creative outlet for me, and somewhat have them with some online selling communities. But I would love to get into something locally. We do have a yarn store that is mostly a quilting store with a yarn section. I would love to see them expand their endeavors, offer more knitting classes. And I keep threatening to call them to offer my services to them...

I think I need to set some goals for myself.

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used my TT today to end the whining of your #6. LOL!

Mmm...Girl Scout Cookies.

You know, it never hurts to keep your options open even when you are employed. Maybe this whole bit with that missed seminar is a push to get you looking around for something new that will free up your time, bring in more money and allow you to enjoy your life even more.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Sue, I completely agree. Actually I am taking classes at our local college to then transfer those to a larger university 20 minutes up the road from us so I can get a Master's in Education. I have always wanted to be a teacher, and I am going to do it.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Mmm, girl scout cookies! I hope you are able to get those dental appointments in :O) Happy TT!

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know #7 is both for me! Thanks for visiting :-)

11:23 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

I love GS cookies.
lol at dental appts.
Have a wonderful day!
MY TT is posted

11:32 AM  
Blogger Debby said...

Still a great list. It's kinda fun to read what is going on in someone's head. Happy Thursday!

12:02 PM  
Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Totally agree with #1. Made me sick to watch it. We already bought some girl scout cookies, so I think the selling had begun:) Hope all goes well with the class tonight.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Girl scout cookies...mmmmmm, drool.

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a job that sounded just like that last year and for the five years before that. I was starting to get the hint alot. Then a new job found me.

Girl Scout cookies ... you know I haven't bought any. Do you deliver?

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you've just listed thoughts most of us have a on a daily basis.

You're not alone ;-)

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, its tough coming up with TT's at times. I can understand.
I give you credit for selling the GS Cookies. Leader for 20 years and hated standing out at those booth sales and having people keep saying, "I already bought 8 boxes"

7:18 PM  
Blogger Irish Church Lady :) said...

Woo Hoo! Lots of random crap stuff goin' on here too! Honey it's all in the eye of the beholder!

When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade.

Pull your butt in and stick your boobs out and tomorrow is another day.

Is that enough wise a$$ quotes for ya?

Toodles and hugs~
ICL

8:21 PM  
Blogger Sparky Duck said...

yes, they soooo sucked

and send me thin mints

12:09 AM  
Blogger kuanyin333 said...

My partner Bob has an OSU fan-based blog and is the head of the alumni association over here on Maui...they all gather at a sports bar to root on OSU...there were about 60 very distressed fans this week. Bob still hasn't recovered!

1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sweet thing..have not had a minute to breathe this week! Hope all is well in your world, sounds like mine..
talk to you soon!

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

What a nerd!
The sky is falling!
Another one of my promises to myself
Some more gems
Freak you up
Ok.... I see clearly now
So ... who is Baby Jesus?
Par-Tay!
The bread goes directly to your lips
The new roomie


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button