Friday, February 02, 2007

Friday Feast # 1

I am going to give the Friday's Feast a whirl this week since I missed TT yesterday. Just a little fun stuff ...





Appetizer

What was one of the fashion fads when you were a teenager?

Neon colors. I remember having a pair of pants that had a white background, and they had little neon splotches on them ... blue, that pink color that I adored, and some green. And you couldn't wear just ANY top with it ... it had to pick up some neon color, and I remember mine being YELLOW! You could see me coming from a mile away.

Soup

Name one thing people assume about you when they first meet you.

Wow. That I am loud and boisterous and larger than life. Which is a correct assumption.

Salad

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how hard do you work?

I had to ask Ace to see if I am overstating my work ethic... he said I should put 11. At least 10. I work VERY very hard at everything that I do. If I slack on something, I am afraid I am going to get caught and someone is going to say "did you REALLY give that your all?" It is a work ethic that was instilled in me by my father.

Main Course

If you were given a free 30-second commercial during the Super Bowl to sell anything you currently own, what would you advertise?

My knitting supplies and yarn. I want to teach the world to knit ... not a cheesy Coke commercial ... but close.

Dessert

Fill in the blank:

I love to knit when it is completely crazy around my house.



13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meredith-you are so funny. Can't believe you are going to CKU with us. We will have a blast. This menu is so funny. Acommune?

I voted for you. I hope you win. Also voted for Robin.
We'll be much closeer real soon. May have to plan lunch dates weekly. We move in one week. So excited!!!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Julie!!! Thanks for commenting, you lurker!!!!

I cannot WAIT for CKU!!! I am FLIPPING EXCITED!!!!!!

Yeah... when you all move, I don't expect to get phone calls every five minutes, asking me what I am doing, k? ;) I will accept them on the half hour.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to laugh at your appetizer. I owned a pair of plaid pants and thought I was "all that." lol

I can honestly say, I never wore neon colors. (Now watch, a picture will crop up showing me in neon colors. lol)

9:15 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Karen... you JUST reminded me of a plaid pair of hot pink pants that I had!!! Oh man... the memories are allllll bad.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I so want to knit and Im trying to decide if I should take a class of learn from someone else

9:47 AM  
Blogger Lisa Knight said...

Great Feast! I miss neon, I think it would be fabulous to cloth my children in it head to toe, then I would always know where they were from the glow!!!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Amy... DO learn. PIck up a book and see if you can get it from there. If not, then go to someone you know who knits and they will be able to show you. Seriously ... I LOVE to knit. It is so relaxing.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Lisa .. I have thought the same thing on many occasions!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Great Friday Feast!
Have a wonderful day!
TGIF
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

1:11 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

Great FF!!!

I love to knit too, not that good but love it.

Have a great weekend!!

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your main course made my laugh. That Coke theme song immediately came to mind!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Neon, oh the memories. I had a pink neon blouse with ruffled sleeves, quite stylin'!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Bellezza said...

What a fun site! Thanks for always showing me what's out there in the blogosphere, since I can't be bothered to pull away from my books to do much searching on my own. I'd like to try this next week.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

here are those puppets
Oh yeah... one more thing...
Anyone do any dream interpretation
To 13 or not to 13
Vacation anyone?
A little knitting
Pour some Spirit on me... in the name of love
Oh balls
You saw WHAT?!
Remember when I said I was a soap opera junkie?


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button