Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A little knitting

I have joined a group of talented women and we stock on the 15th and 30th of each month. Well, today is my debut and I have some serious last-minute knitting to finish up here.

But here are some things that I HAVE accomplished ... I had realized that I call myself the knitting maniac, but I never show anything on here for it. I really AM a knitting maniac... I promise. I just don't want to bore you to tears with my items.

Not to infringe upon a product's name, here is a "personal music player" carrier...


and up close

I am in the process of knitting up a really cool bag (at least I hope it ends that way when I get it seamed together and felted. I need to decide what the handles will look like. I have some here but need to determine if they will work or not. I am hoping that they do because I really don't want to knit anything for it. I will post a picture of that later. Hopefully.

I also have some finger puppets that I need to get done ... we will see if that happens, too.

So there you go ... some proof that I actually DO knit. I promise, I really do.

On the scrapbooking side, I REALLY want to make an altered clock like the one on Donna Downey's site. I am considered in my little circle of friends the altering queen. I LOVE to alter things. I love to change the ordinary into something with just a little more pizzaz. And that clock I am drooling ALL over ...

Check it out:



8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is truly frightening how much we think alike girlie..
I just mentioned you on my blog, along with the new HS clock..and called you the altering maniac..not to be confused with the knitting maniac..:)
loving this snow delay today!!!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Dude. DID not! Gotta go read...

I know. I am rather enjoying this, and the fact that the Monkey's preschool is closed. preschool was important for the first kid. This one ... not so much. now I know why parents of multiple kids would sometimes opt out of taking their last kid to preschool.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the knitting but that clock is awesome! The personalization is great!

2:24 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

I have a clock here that is in the girls' room that is SCREAMING to be altered.

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

POST already POST!!!
Is today still ok? Also, need to ask you about coming around 11 instead, Carly's teacher called me last night..you totally would not have to keep her until tonight...
let me know!

7:46 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Cool carrier. Love that clock! Finger puppets? My, my, oh my. You have to post pictures of those.

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the carrier is awesome. I'm going to ask my sister to make me one for me. I need one to keep everything in. I'm assuming the little pocket is for ear buds, or something of the like.

Also, I'm totally jealous, I wish I could knit more than just scarfs. That's the end of my talent, but my sis can knit anything! she's amazing. PS - that clock is way cute, how do I place my order?

6:31 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Jenn... that clock is on Donna's website. She is teaching a class like that at some scrapbook store somewhere. I can't take credit for that thing.

yes. That little pocket is for the ear buds... pretty cool, huh? It doesn't take much to knit up at all.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Pour some Spirit on me... in the name of love
Oh balls
You saw WHAT?!
Remember when I said I was a soap opera junkie?
TT # 26
Do you notice a theme here?
Baby lust, oh baby lust
Soap Opera News
Ah yes ... winter is here
Easin' like Sunday morning...


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button