Tuesday, May 01, 2007

443 posts?

I was just coming on here to talk about ... oh. Really. Nothing. And then I saw that number.

I have 443 posts here. In one year. That is more than once a day.

Dude. I need to get paid to blog. And none of that payperpost stuff.

Just someone to pay me to blog. About me. And my family. And my trials and tribulations.

On another note, I emailed Donna Downey last night (she is in my blogroll over there). She is an icon in the scrapbook world like Ali Edwards and Becky Higgins. She goes around the country, teaching classes, and sometimes travels internationally. She is who I want to be. And she is 35, people. 35.

So I saw that she was still knitting toys, and I want to get the book she is working from because she has turned out some cute things in there. So I decided that I needed to share the obsession with this Amigurumi crochet.

I have made these two things in the past week:




It really is a lot of fun. The doll ... she was a PITA to sew together because she was in all these pieces, and I just don't have the patience to do that. She was definitely a labor of love.

I am now making a mermaid for the Monkey from another pattern maker, and her things are ADORABLE. So I decided that I needed to let Donna know about the craze.

She immediately emailed me back, telling me that she had JUST purchased some patterns from that same pattern maker last night.

Great minds think alike.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL your knitting idol!
Why don't you get your friend to sew me a camera bag..hmmm????
Love the doll, love the birds!
Meredith you are SO talented..I bow down to your knitting skills!
Who needs a life? Me..I have read all your 443 posts! lOL

7:10 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

I will certainly work on that camera bag for you, Robin.

And that leads me to my next idea for a venture ... improving my sewing skills enough to start making cute bags.

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, if someone volunteered to pay me to blog, I'd end up suffering from blogger's block. LOL!

Those are so cute! I bet the mermaid is going to be adorable.

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The doll and birds are cute, but I don't think I could do that.

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You totally rock! Those things are too cute!!!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Yes, you can work on that camera bag for this Robin also!! ha ha. Love the birds with the nest and egg. How cute. Yes, you definatly need to get paid to blog. How fun would that be?!?! I have thought about honking my horn as I pass by your house at 5am, but I don't think you and your family would appreciate that, so I honk in my mind!
Honk Honk!!!

6:37 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Thanks for honking in your mind only, Robin! I appreciate that! Although, it might get my a$$ out of bed earlier! LOL!

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Please encourage my friend Robin
Daily Docket Doozie
Why the difference?
No coffee + lost contact = slow start to the day
The eyes of a 90 year old
Stamping ... the next contact sport
Fiends and Friends
Home!
DEtroit ... Here We Come!
We are the Champions


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button