Monday, May 14, 2007

No wonder the roads are all messed up

When we were at Creating Keepsakes University, we were appalled by the state of the roads in Dearborn, MI. If you are at all familiar with the road system in Detroit, you understand what I mean.

When we first arrived on that Wednesday night, we did one of those European Vacation things ... driving around in a large circle around the hotel. Look kids, Big Ben... Parliament. Look kids, its the Hyatt .... now HOW do we get over there?

And the Michigan left hander. Whatever. Seriously. Now I see why Michigan drivers have such a bad reputation as being extremely fast drivers when they get into Ohio. You know why? Because ... the roads make sense.

So this morning, my local AM station played a blurb of a 911 call from a Dearborn police officer. Heard about this?

Apparently, the Dearborn police department let this officer resign without being charged of a drug crime when he called 911 and told the operator this:


"I think we're dying," he said in the 5-minute tape, obtained under the Michigan Freedom of Information Act. "We made brownies and I think we're dead, I really do," Sanchez continued. He told the dispatcher he had never made marijuana brownies before, but had previously used marijuana.

I think I can understand the road systems better now...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA HA! I still have nightmares about those roads..lol!
Man, doesn't that seem like 1000 years ago already? I swear!
I HOPE you were checking out the house! :)
Happy Monday Friend!

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey now! I remember very vividly driving through Ohio and when the sign showed your exit, if you weren't already in that lane you were screwed. There was no such thing as exit such-and-such 2 miles...nope. Exit HERE is all Ohio gives ya.

Then again, maybe it has changed, I haven't been to Ohio since 1989...by choice. ;)

But Detroit, yeah, that is so not a model city for roads. Why do you think I live in Michigan but 8 hours drive from Detroit. LOL!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Totally hated the roads!! The signs!! The other drivers!!! White knucked all the way! I can honestly say I don't care to drive in Michigan again. Someone else can drive. ha ah.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, just wow!
some people's kids.

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Good morning, Starshine! The earth says hello!
They say its his birthday
and another thing...
Fog Throws a Cog in the Works
Guess what I missed last night?
Something has to give
Don't you take that tone with me!
Our Daily Dose of Inspiration
Daily Docket Doozie
A Weekend of Memories


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button