Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Something has to give

Ever get yourself so wound up in a tight ball that you feel you could be bounced from New York to Detroit and back and never feel the effects?

That is me right now.

I have this tremendous amount of creative energy right now, but I only have so many hours in the day (and so many resources) to utilize it. The rest of the time, I am wiping noses or telling someone to get ready for school or getting lunch around or preparing for class or whatever.

I have decided that I am no longer going to teach class at this institution anymore. I don't like the format, and I don't like giving people "busy" work just to keep them in their seats for 4 hours a night. I have too much respect for the students, who are all adults with jobs and lives and kids, to just keep them there. If I finish with the material, then we are done. If I finish with the material in 2 hours and not 4, then we are done. But then you get these notes in the newsletter that it has been "observed" that the evening classes have been letting out early. Well, that is directed at me specifically. The other profs keep their students until 10. And what are they doing during that time? Busy work. Or listening to their prof talk about nothing that pertains to the work at hand.

See ... and if I let this one thing go, I think I will be a happier person. I will be able to actually work at night, and have the weekends free. I will actually be able to take over a lot of the stuff that Ace has had to handle. Does this mean I want to stop teaching altogether? No. Just not there anymore. I guess I have a difficult time taking directive from a "boss" who says things like "I seen that coming."

A lot of my mind this morning. Plus I have to help my friend Jacque this morning, but also have to get one dropped off at preschool and the other dropped off at Kindergarten for a field trip.

I want to open up a yarn store. I just want to have that ability.

Man ... too many things going on in my head this morning. What should be going through it is this case I am working on.

So off to work I go.... Hi Ho Hi Ho....

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh..give up the teaching?? REally??
You just need to come to another institution..
Hey, I have my first customer (victim) so let's get this thing going so I can charge her money! LOL
Got lots of creative build up myself and now, my stuff is officially over for the semester. Grades are due in about 1 hour!

6:52 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Well, I want to give up teaching at THAT place. Not teaching altogether. I would rather go to a place where it isn't so intense.

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I seen that coming." That pretty much sums it up right there doesn't it. Let me guess he "seen" it coming and had a pretty good "ideal" that you'd be leaving.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Don't you take that tone with me!
Our Daily Dose of Inspiration
Daily Docket Doozie
A Weekend of Memories
Family by fate, friends by choice blah blah blah w...
443 posts?
Please encourage my friend Robin
Daily Docket Doozie
Why the difference?
No coffee + lost contact = slow start to the day


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button