Wednesday, June 20, 2007

And now... i can talk about it

On the Saturday night of the monkey's birthday bash, the older kids were out in the street playing.

And they discovered something.

Carly (Robin's DD) and the Queen found ....

dumdumdummmmmm

A knife.

Not a Swiss Army knife. A pocketknife of some substance.

The girls picked it up, exclaiming "LOOK AT THIS!" and Ace immediately took it from their possession, put the knife back in, and threw it in his pocket.

After the party was over, and we were sitting out on the patio enjoying the silence, I sat straight up in my chair.

"Did they find the murder weapon for that crime at the bar?" I asked Ace.

"You know ... I don't think they did. I remember reading that they were still looking for it."

Dumdumdummmmmm

"hmmm.... I wonder if we should call the police?"

Ace thought about it for a minute and said "well, I guess we should."

I called the administrative line, which ended up being someone's voice mail. I left a message, and didn't think anymore about it.

But the longer it sat in my house, the more I thought I should call a real live police officer. So I did.

"ummm... yeah. hi. This might sound crazy and all, and I'm sure it is absolutely nothing, but we found a ... well, my kids found a ... no wait, I think my husband found it ... no. Now that I remember ... oh wait. Yea. A knife was found in our gutter."

Audible gasp from the officer.

"DO YOU STILL HAVE IT? DID YOU MOVE IT? WHERE IS IT? WHERE DO YOU LIVE? WE ARE SENDING SOMEONE OVER RIGHT AWAY!!!!"

Of course, she was half pi**ed off that we moved it, let alone three people had touched it and it was in someone's pocket for the last three hours.

So ala NY:CSI style, in a manner that would have made Gary Sinise so proud of me, I picked up the generic paper napkin from my table, grabbed the knife, and threw it in my Ziploc baggie and headed outside to meet the officer.

Of course, who happened to walk by at that VERY moment when the police officer showed up? My nosey neighbor. He had to offer his two cents (we have a foster home right down the street, and the officer did say that he knew that address well), and then he moved on his way.

The officer asked us a few questions, took the knife, and that was it.

It was a juicy story... for about one day. Then they had an article in the paper where they were combing an area for a "butterfly" style knife. So our knife was out of the running.

But it certainly was .... interesting.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it not always interesting at your house? No wonder my kids much prefer to be over there..
haha!

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, that would cause a ruckus at our house, too. However, we would just assume it belongs to a Plowkid and toss it in the garbage. The last thing that kid needs is a knife of any sort.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

And that is how we feel about the kids down the street.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Taoknitter said...

I would have thrown it away. My kids may be girls, but they can get in the most trouble with the most mundane of objects. Love the way you write the story...I can see you with the baggie!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Awesome Mom said...

Crazy!! I would have bee more worried of blood had been on it. Good thing the kiddos were not hurt or anything.

2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Lip smackin' good
My newest creation
Lucky # 13
Happy Father's Day
Friends are friends forever...
Dogs
Another Natalie Dee goodie
Not at all prepared today
Summer Vacation Checklist
Four Years


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button