Thursday, June 14, 2007

Friends are friends forever...

This evening, spent some wonderful quality time with some friends ... the kind where you can forget all time lost between the last time you saw each other and pick right back up where you left off.

A good evening ... but the reason for the get together has me completely and totally sad. I promised myself that I wouldn't shed any tears tonight, but I found myself having to excuse myself a time or two from conversation because I couldn't stand thinking about the reason we were gathered there...

To say goodbye and offer our well wishes and happy prayers for our dear friend, Jacque.

Jacque is one of a kind. She is the type of person who would sooner lay down her life for anyone than inconvenience them. She has a love for children. She is a beautiful mother. She is a loving wife.

She is so diametrically physical appearance opposite of me, yet it is scary how very similar we are. We visited the same watering hole when we were in college, but we never knew one another.

She is returning to her home town. She is returning to her family, to her Kentucky roots. She never lost that accent. They will be so proud of her ;)

I have never met a person more mired in the 1980s than myself. And we can talk on the phone for an hour and not really talk about anything but we can fill the whole conversation. There is never a dull moment of silence between us.

Jacque has been a true friend. She is someone you can always rely on, and I am going to miss her terribly.

But I am excited for her family. I am excited for her friends who had to say goodbye to her when she moved up to Ohio. I am excited for her friends who are beside themselves with glee that she is returning. And I am excited for her. She is taking it all in stride, and I am sure that she is more on automatic pilot than anything.

But she is handling it all with the Southern style and grace that is so Jacque.

Jacque ... I know we will see each other again before you leave ... I won't let you go without saying goodbye. I will miss your physical presence, friend. I will miss knowing that you are just down the road a little bit. I will miss our ADHD phone conversations.

But I am so happy for you. Y'all come back now every once in a while, ya hear?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girlfriend I'm going to miss you too! But don't say good bye... just see you later. I love that we think alike and can finish each others sentences. Thank you for your sweet words. I love ya! and to give you my best southern phrase...Honey, bless your heart!

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a sweet tribute to Jacque. I know you'll miss her.

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good friends are hard to find and even harder to let go of.
Sounds like you'll still be in touch, so let that be a comforting thought.

My BFF finally moved back home and I've so enjoyed this last 10 months with her. I hope she never has to leave again!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Taoknitter said...

Sending hugs. I know how you feel. At least you can still have the phone calls. XXXXOOOO

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh... I know what that is like, I went through that a yer ago when one of my best friend's moved back home to San Francisco. But we still talk and email ALL THE TIME!!
Best of luck to Jacque!!
And let me just say... I love your blog, it is absolutely FANTASTIC!! Love your descriptions of your family!!!
- Audrey
Pinks & Blues Girls
www.pinksandblues.com

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Dogs
Another Natalie Dee goodie
Not at all prepared today
Summer Vacation Checklist
Four Years
Three... good night and good bye
So grown up
Take a ride on my slide
Daily Docket Doozie
Divas in Different Degrees


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button