Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Divas in Different Degrees

The Monkey is a free spirit. Around the house. But when it comes to performing for people, she just isn't into it. She is all about the attention here. She loves to get it. She craves it. She basks in it.

But turn that attention on her in a public setting, and I am not sure if sheer stubborness sets in, and she won't do what everyone else is doing, or she is just shy.

Today, the Monkey decided that she would sing NOTHING of her preschool program. She knew all of the words. She knew what she was doing. She just didn't want to. I got the same thing out of her for the KinderChoir performance.

Queen started off the same way. She didn't sing for her three year old program in preschool. And with her being the first kid out of the chute, I was livid. I mean ... seriously. I was livid. I couldn't understand WHY she wouldn't sing. She just stood there in front of everyone, and didn't open her mouth once. She didn't do any of the motions. Nothing.

Fast forward a few years, and she is starting to come out of her shell. She still has a shy streak, but she is taking on more and more as she gets older. I was really surprised that she wanted to try out for a part in the church presentation, and that she really enjoyed preparing and performing. So, deep down inside, I think she loves the attention.

So when the parents asked the Monkey today why she didn't feel like singing, I said "her sister... four years ago... same performance."

So I suppose there is hope for the Monkey.

But then.... she would go from this


To this



Maybe the Monkey IS the smarter of the two.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so stinking cute those girls of yours!
Hard to believe Ms. J is even that shy..considering how out going she is when she is around me..comfy in her environment I guess...
Thought you would enjoy the fact that someone found my blog today by searching pittastic
ha ha ha

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I can just imagine what the Monkey is thinking in that first picture. "When is this song going to be over? Why didn't mommy paint my nails last night? WHERE on earth is my lip gloss?"

LOL!

Those pictures are great. You have the cutest girls!

And Doodlebug is sort of the same, but it is his stubborn streak. If he doesn't get exactly the part he wants/doesn't like the song, there is no way in h-e-double hockey sticks that anyone is going to change his mind into participating.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

LOL, Sue. Actually, she is picking at her fingernail polish!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Robin, I'm not sure if she IS that shy. I think she just doesn't like to do what she needs to do. At least, I think that is what the deal is.

She wants to do everything on her own time and in her own way.

She's just so comfortable around you because you are a great mom!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Taoknitter said...

Sometimes I WISH mine were a bit shy...just a teensy-tiny bit. My middle diva would truly appreciate that flower hat...yours wears it with true panache!

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Share a good recipe with me
Poetic Justice
The show must go on... break a leg.... and all tha...
Daily Docket Doozie
Strep Throat ... Again! It's a Conspiracy!
Dear Urgent Care Center
3:44 am
Yoda Man ... you bad girl
May the Toys Be With You ... Always
Do you have a hero?


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button