Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Dreams

I have openly declared to Ace that when I wake up at 6:15, I need to get my butt out of bed as opposed to going back to sleep.

Because for the past two mornings, I have had my freakiest dreams during those 45 minutes.

Yesterday morning, it was a repeat of a dream that I really should have analyzed. I go up in the elevators of one of the Twin Towers. I just go up and up and up. I know that something bad is about ready to happen, but I don't get out. Sometimes, the elevator is going down and the cable snaps ... at like floor 80 something. And I don't make it to the end of the dream on those. Sometimes, when I am going up to the 100th floor, the door opens up directly to the outside. And some of the people just get out and fall.

I think 9/11 haunts me more than I ever let on.

Then this morning, I was supposed to be at a meeting about getting a new roof on a bank where I worked. I couldn't make the meeting, so Ace went in my stead. He was supposed to text me, but he didn't get around to it. Then I was supposed to go the meeting. I went on to the meeting, and that is where it all went wrong. I turned into an otter, and I was supposed to be meeting a doctor at a lake.

I had already met this dr once. He showed up, gave me a shot in my now human leg, and he wouldn't take it out. He kept pushing it in. Then I knew he wasn't going to help me, he was going to hurt me.

So I got out of the water (I was human then) and he and I struggled with this needle. I ended up stabbing him with it, and he deflated to this little toy thing. I stepped all over him, thinking I had killed him. He came back to life.

Then I was on a spaceship and the toy thing turned into a cat that I ended up shoving into an airlock and opening it up into space. I could SEE the cat hanging on to the spaceship. I wasn't going to open the door.

And then I woke up.

Freaky, freaky dreams. Always had them. Always will.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good lord Mer, I would be afraid to sleep with you!
It's all about the shot girlfriend..you are fearing the shot

7:36 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Yeah... I know that plays some part in all of that. I guess I view my dr as a toy, too. LOL!

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gah, don't you just hate that?

Step away from the space movies. LOL!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Weird, very weird.
I too have recurrent dreams...
they freak me out every time.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Making a choice
The new toy
I Heart Drake Bell
Come on .... you all be jealous now
Sucked into the white trash tornado
Seven bottles of beer on the wall...
So really ... what happened
Sell a Cow, Make a Friend
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Dead Fish
The Queen Who Ate the Fair


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button