Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Sucked into the white trash tornado

Ok. Robin's post last week about Rock of Love .... and then listening to she and Jacque, the Kentucky girl who recently returned home from the North, talk about this show. I had to watch it.

I was thinking it would be one Jerry Springer episode after another.

Not quite, but pretty darn close.

I watched the last 30 minutes of the show from last week. And I got to meet some REAL characters.

My personal favorite moments were from tonight's episode when one contestant was telling Bret Michaels that she wasn't sure if she could trust him when he is out on the road.

Ok. Sweetheart, here's the deal.

He's a man who is cutting a solo album. He is using THIS show to catapult his solo album out there so he gets good playtime on it. This girlfriend thing .... whatever. I don't really see him settling down with this person who "wins" this competition.

So ... if you are looking for love, you're looking in all the wrong places.

Here's another one: Rodeo and the cry-fest. Talk about not being able to get a good read on a person other than being able to tell that they aren't playing with a full deck of cards .... well, that was about all I could get out of her.

But the best part was when she said: I love rock. I love country. That's why I wear this hat because kids love me.

Ok. What the he*&? Seriously. Did that just SERIOUSLY come out of your mouth? I think it was a good thing that Bret let you return to your seven year old son. You need to go home and work on those conversation skills with him.

Then there was the other girl ... Brandi C. ... who was booted off. And she wondered why?

I think I would THANK him for kicking me off, thanking him for finally snapping me back into my own little world of reality where I could actually step back for once and look at the prize at the end of the stick.

Dudes... it's BRET MICHAELS!

The man used to wear more makeup than me throughout the entire 1980s ... just for ONE show.

And is that EYELINER still on his eyes?

The production company says it all: it's "mindless entertainment."

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But you LOVED it, didn't you?! HAHA..so funny! So downright entertaining!!!
Anyone who is open to watching BG, certainly can let a little Love into their lives!
HA!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

You just need to give BG a chance, man!

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter Fonda?! You had me rolling on that one woman!

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO! I haven't watched it. So many of these goofy shows I have refused to watch.

But now I'm gonna have to stop and watch at least a few minutes of it. You are such a bad influence on me. LOL!

Looking for love. Heh! That's good.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Yes, i too have dipped into the white trash... rodeo, how old is she? and to pick the name of "rodeo" does that mean she has been "road hard"? Bret's eyeliner, he pry has had it tattood on his face!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

RKWP thinks she is somewhere near 50. But she has a seven year old.... so she started late in life, or she is a REAALLLLY hard looking 40 YO woman.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

SUe ... You MUST join the trainwreck. I have.....

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Seven bottles of beer on the wall...
So really ... what happened
Sell a Cow, Make a Friend
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Dead Fish
The Queen Who Ate the Fair
Conquering My Fear, One Treacherous Step at a Time
The Man and the Urinal
Back... all in one piece
Apparently I have sufficiently p'ed off my husband
T Minus One Day


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button