Sunday, July 09, 2006

Dramamine and the DVD

When Ace and I went down to his parents "lake house" (read: a three bedroom pretty nice cabin but it scares the bejeebus out of me because it is built DIRECTLY into a hill and has about 1000 stairs that go straight downward that don't like me and make me fall on their slicker than snot steps to only have me put my tail between my legs and have my MIL dress my wounds for me) ... where was I?

Oh yeah ... the house. We took a trip down there, and it is a good 7 hour drive, but we broke it up and stayed in that town where they Run for the Roses every year. We had discovered a few years prior to this trip that the Door Man gets carsick. And does he ever get sick....

So, I have started doping him up with Dramamine. You never know when he might light up, so he gets a dose when we start off for someplace, and a dose for when we head on home.

I want to know who is responsible for not putting this out in some parent newsletter somewhere: Dramamine makes kids SLEEPY. And they don't have a fighting bone in their body. And when you pair that with a DVD player, SpongeBob SquarePants, and some headphones, you have the makings of a trip made in Heaven. Oh ... and I don't give them the medication just so I can have a peacful trip ... I give it so I don't have to sit there playing catch with projectile vomit.

Oh .... and just in case you wanted to see those stairs


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, stairs like that kill. If you ever drive through Michigan's Upper Peninsula, stop at Tahquamenon Falls and you'll feel right at home. They have stairs like that there. Awesome falls, killer stairs.

Glad you found the winning combination for a peaceful (and vomit-free) trip.

I tried Dramamine on my oldest once...made him hyper. Then again, so does Robitussin. I'm afraid duct tape is the only solution for a peaceful trip for us. LOL!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Tracie Nall said...

Those are some scary scary stairs!

1:29 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

LOL, Sue. Dramamine makes the Door Man meaner than a snake after a while. But for the first few hours, he is drugged up pretty good.

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. Those stairs are very very scary. And is there any moral/ethical issue with giving your kid dramamine for a car trip even if he doesn't get carsick? (Just wondering.... ;-)

11:08 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Hmmmm Ginny ... for me, if the kids don't need anything, I don't give it to them. However, I do give Queen Bee Dramamine ... just in case. She has never physically gotten sick on a trip, but has complained about getting a headache and a stomach ache... so there are makings there.

Some kids react differently to Dramamine, too ... my Mom said that my brother and sister would get all hyper ...

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at you and all your random comments..ok, so I got a new stalker..not sure where she came from.
But I refuse to start a Xanga account just to say thanks for looking at my blog. HA!
It's ok that Ace ratted me out..not sure it was all understood anyway. No problem..she wouldn't spend money that way anyhow.
Plan on croppin on the 21st and a stampin up partee at my casa on Aug.6th. You haven't had your fix for awhile, let me remind you that you need to do that.
Hey...there is another house for sale across the street....
And, of course those are stairs from hell, you know where they are leading! HA!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Wow--that is quite a staircase. That's gotta be worth at least 100 calories!

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Just don't let me stand next to a computer monitor
Give her some love!
Pass the bong but don't tell the Pastor
Don't forget about my renter!
Things we get honestly
and to end the evening ...
Feeding the mosquitos ... one kid at a time
You know it is time to leave the family get togeth...
Tell 'em Jimmy Honk sent you
And with a dismissive wave of the hand...


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button