Monday, July 03, 2006

Tell 'em Jimmy Honk sent you

When Queen Bee was smaller, I kept expecting to see her have tea parties with imaginary friends. I expected to hear her ask if "so and so" could go with us to the store, or could I get something to eat for "whatshername." We never got that. In a way, I was a bit disappointed. I always thought that imaginary friends were fun (as long as they weren't blamed for things), but Queen Bee, in all her literalness, could never wrap her mind around something so foolish.

I got my wish with the Door Man. You see, Mominator always tells me how much the Man reminds her of my brother when he was little. How my brother used to talk ALL the time about things. How my brother would run into the wall just for the fun of it. How my brother had this imaginary friend named Jimmy Honk.

Jimmy went everywhere with my brother. He would never stay home, no matter how many times Mom told Jimmy that he wasn't invited on their trip to the grocery store. Jimmy was quite the mainstay at our house, until Jimmy met an untimely demise. I do believe that my mother ran over him with her car one day, but she couldn't be certain.

The Door Man has not one, not two, but THREE imaginary friends. Hassalussent (who knows how to spell that one), Anchie, and The Great Oneofit.

Anchie is a bus driver. She has been known to be unkind to the Door Man, so much so that the Man decided that he no longer needed Anchie as a friend. Translation: Queen Bee made Anchie say something mean to the Man.

Hassalussent is a great companion to play board games with because H knows how to lose... every single time. And H doesn't nark on the Door Man when the Man takes more than one turn.

The Great Oneofit is also good for some board games. He loves to play Penguin Math with the Man.

Last week, I kept telling the Man to get in his seat and buckle in. He said "I can't yet ... I have to buckle Anchie in first." Anchie is teaching the Man to be considerate and think of others before himself, even if that means pissing his mother off as she is running 20 minutes late.

The Man has some great conversations with these three. They talk back to the Man, but are never disrespectful or rude. So I suppose I couldn't have asked for better imaginary friends for the Man.

So as far as imagination goes, the Man's got it. Of course, he isn't much more different than me ... I didn't have any imaginary friends, though. However, I spent an entire summer on vacation, sitting on a rock in Tennessee, barking at passing cars. And that is for another blog post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

And with a dismissive wave of the hand...
It never hurts to ask, does it? Well I don't know ...
Selective memory
Good morning to my new renter!!!
Oh who are the people in your neighborhood?
Break out the wine and the margaritas
All grown up
What do you want to be when you grow up?
Nightmares abound
Coddled Customers, or Why I Would Never Make a Goo...


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button