Sunday, October 15, 2006

Poof.... and it's gone, and a ball of yarn

I deleted a post. Yes. I did. Sorry. But it really wasn't that interesting. At least, I don't think Ace would think it was interesting enough for me to leave it out there in the blogosphere. So poof! It is in deletion land.

So let me talk about this:

Our pastor was talking this morning about engaging the congregation in the numerous ministry opportunities that are available at our church. It was a good, five-part series, talking about equipping, enganging, evangelizing, exalting, and then one more "e" word that escapes me right now. I listened. I really did.

In his discussion, he raised a point about the whole church being bound together. Our worship arts pastor (my choir director) had us throw balls of yarn around so everyone could be holding on to a piece of the yarn. It was a good way to show the interconnection of the church.

But do you know what I was sitting there thinking about?




I wonder if they are going to ball this yarn back up?
This has to be acrylic yarn. It isn't the best quality.
I wonder if I could make a good hat out of this?
I'm not too hip on this color, though.

And you know what? My friends were looking at me during this exercise, and they KNEW I was having these thoughts.

Man. Am I THAT transparent?

I guess I am.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Curtis said...

You just need differentiated instruction. You're a high-level thinker who got the concept right away, and is now doing what you've been socialized to do -- sit quietly while everyone else catches up.

Can you tell where my brain is?????

1:09 PM  
Blogger Bellezza said...

I love your thought processes. It's hard to stay entirely focused all the time, even at church. Then, to make matters worse, they through one of your favorite hobbies at you? Can you imagine if they threw me a book? Even the Bible, and I'd be a goner.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Awesome Mom said...

I would be thinking the exact same thing! lol

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've got to say I'd be thinking something similar. Since I'm not a knitter and wouldn't know my head from a hole in the ground when it comes to yarn, I'd be focused on who was going to clean it up.

Oh, and I have to tell you, I thought of you this weekend. We were in Da Big City (a town, 60 miles away, with a population of just over 20k) and drove by a yarn store. The Knit-N-Purl. I was [] this close to taking a picture of it. LOL!

10:37 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

I SOOOO want to open up my own yarn store. Have a little coffee kiosk thing in there with lots of tables and couches and chairs and books and yarn and people. My American dream.

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be thinking what a mess it was making. Very good demonstration though, I might have to borrow that.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Jacque Blue
The wheels on the bus
TT # 14
Wordless Wednesday # 1 - Water, Hillbilly Style
Popularity and Daily Affirmations
Nicknames: The Door Man Edition
A shout out to my new renter
Technologically challenged
Where in the BLEEP did my weekend go?
The Pink Diary's Statistics


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button