Wednesday, October 25, 2006

TT # 16


I am SOOO not a planner. I can't stand to think of things ahead of time, and then I can't stand myself when I get down to the last minute and have to come up with so
mething. I JUST came up with the Monkey's Halloween costume YESTERDAY. Yes. Yesterday. I told you ... not a planner.

My mother and I were talking yesterday about the possibilities, and how she always hated it when she told me to pick out what I wanted to be for that year. It always had to have a tail. Didn't matter what it was, as long as it had a tail, I was happy. One year, I was a mouse. The next year, I was a Siamese cat. I tried to get the Pink Panther out of her (she sewed all of my costumes) but I was not successful in the endeavor.

Then my mother said "well you could send them as two tree and the Man could be MacBeth." Or Hamlet ... or something. You Shakespereans can explain that one to me later. She commented that she was always ahead of her time when it came to Halloween costumes. She dressed my brother as Friar Tuck when he was in the fifth grade. She used a stocking and had a piece of flesh colored felt on it, and shoved it down over his head. I am certain my brother was mortified, wandering the halls of Lincoln Elementary in that getup.

So here are....

Thirteen Costumes I Thought About For the Kids For Halloween
1. Napoleon Dynamite for the Door Man

2. Deb for Queen Bee

3. Pedro for the Monkey

4. A punk rocker for QB

5. A University of Ketucky cheerleader (this is a go for QB)

6. A scarecrow (a go for the Man)

7. A University of Kentucky football player (still up in the air on the Monkey ... yeah. TorT is Thursday night)

8. A fairy for the Monkey

9. A monkey ... for the Monkey

10. Cat in the Hat (the leftover cotume from last year for the Man; I was surprised that he said no)

11. Mork and Mindy .... for the older two, but wasn't sure what we could have done with the Monkey. We love themes at our house.

12. A Tbird and Two Pink Ladies. That might be next year's theme

13. Well .. I ran out of ideas. So only 12. Maybe you can give me an idea of what I should do next year.






Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I'd so have gone for the Cat in the Hat!!!

11:21 PM  
Blogger Bellezza said...

When I was in fifth grade I was Little Bo Beep, and I made my brother be my sheep. It's still a happy memory. But, I also like plays on words. For example, once a teacher dressed up as a farmer, and stood in a Dell computer box. You know, The Farmer In The Dell.
My husband wore a gray sweatsuit one year, and he pinned all sorts of socks and underwear on it. You know, static electricity from the dryer. But, I think your ideas are the best.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Tug said...

I'm SO glad I'm a grandma & don't have to THINK about this anymore!!

11:32 PM  
Blogger Crayonsetc said...

Thankfully we picked up the dd's costume a couple weeks ago... and if we get half the snow that is predicted, she is going to freeze... she is tinkerbell!!!

Happy TT!!

1:29 AM  
Blogger Meira{FB} said...

LOL! Cat in the hat is my fav too!

Happy TT!

1:47 AM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

My boys couldn't decide who got to be Jack Sparrow so now I've got two.

2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Grease one would have been so cool!

5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kids are cute no matter what they have on!
Happy T or Treat night..I'll catch you this evening?

6:13 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

cute ideas! Happy Halloween!

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Wildcats!

You are ahead of me. I haven't even asked Doodlebug what he wants to be yet. I'm such a bad mother. LOL!

The other two are above TorT now, even though Halloween is Dreaded Teenager's birthday. And I wanted one of them to dress up as the Burger King king. Fa-reaky!

I like the Grease theme.

You could make three squares out of plexi-glass and have them go as ice cubes. They'll end up frozen while out TorT anyway.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the napolean dynamite movie! I wanted to go as Deb, and have my hubby be Napolean but he wouldn't go for it!

Or lafawnduh and kip would have been funny too!

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

WW # 3 - Llama Love
Mmmm.... good!
And who would you blame ... yourself or the manufa...
Welcome to Ghost Works
You take the high road and I'll take the low road
Pets
All we were missing was the Ark
Going on a trek
The tooth fairy left me moonshine
Waiting


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button