Wednesday, November 29, 2006

TT # 19


I am known to kill a computer or two. The first time, it was an electrical surge that fried my motherboard. The second time, it was a lightning strike that took out my whole computer. The third time, it was the fan in my computer that completely shut off and fried my motherboard. The fourth, and most recent time, it was the hardware that decided to stop working. So I am on my FIFTH work computer in a matter of 8 years. Needless to say, I have become quite adept with problem shooting a lot of things.

But when the computer is just dead, I concede defeat and look forward to having a few days of downtime as they "build" my new computer half-way across the United States to ship out to me.

This week was one of those times. I had been off of work since last Tuesday, so it was nice long vacation for me. so here are:

Thirteen Nice Things About My Work Computer Crashing

1. I got to sleep in (well, until I had to get up).

2. I got to knit more.

3. I didn't have to take off for my bedroom as soon as dinner was done last night to work.

4. I didn't have to worry about whether subject matter jurisdiction had been established, or whether the patent in question was valid, or whether the defendant had exhausted his administrative remedies before filing his writ of habeas corpus.

5. I could spend more time with my kids.

6. From 2 to 4 on both Monday and Tuesday, I sat on my BUTT in my chair and channel surfed.

7. I didn't have to hear the hum of my computer so early in the morning.

8. For two days, I could pretend that I was kept housewife. Ok. Not kept.

9. Because I didn't have access to my work email, I didn't have to read about the triple bonus this week, or about the leftover cake that was in a lobby 2000 miles away.

10. I had a free day on my birthday on Monday! Happy Birthday to ME! Best present that company has ever given me.

11. I could tell my kids that they couldn't go back and play on my computer because it was broken.

12. When my sister would call me, and ask me what I was doing, I could say "nothing" with reckless abandon.

13. I could blog and not worry about the time I was taking away from work. Yeah. And by the looks of my blog, I NEVER work.







Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how much more we can get done if we all cut back a little on blogging? LOL!

Kailani

9:35 PM  
Blogger the anonymous teacher said...

I love my breaks for your #12 reason. The Boyfriend Head will call me and ask what I'm doing, and I reply with a resounding, "Nothing."

Was your sister jealous like my BFH gets?

10:28 PM  
Blogger Jennfactor 10 said...

I have to wrestle my kids for blogging time! My four year old has some dirty tricks, too!

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the joy of not having to work for a few hours.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

Nice to have some down time every now and then!

12:13 AM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

Way to be a optimist!

1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You crack me up!

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I tend to go into withdrawals without a computer. Then again, I don't work at home so it isn't like I can just go channel surfing. Nope.

And worse, my boss actually talks to me more when my computer is down...like he thinks he has my full attention or something. I guess me doing my best to give my computer mouth-to-port to breathe some life into it isn't clue enough for him to stop. talking. to. me.

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday.

LOL on the TT.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Christie O. said...

haha! too funny! i always have to make up something wonderful that i'm doing when husband calls from work. and then he answers with.. are you really? or are you on the blog? happy tt!!

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to break away from my computer these days but I end up on it until 3am after everyone goes to bed. Its sad to know if my computer died I would be in some serious withdrawals.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Awesome! Dead computer=happiness! Happy Birthday!

5:03 PM  
Blogger jedimerc said...

I used to relate to this, but since I work at home, not so much, so I won't go with that on the Thursday Thirteen... when I did customer service, I loved it when the phones didn't work :)

7:18 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Jedimerc ... I work from home, too.

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is funny stuff! I wouldn't know what to do with myself if my computer bit the dust! I posted my first 13 today!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Anna Mary said...

How funny...OK, no, not really. But this time it is- more time off, yay! I'm not the only one. I've been through a million in my lifetime.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

and of course you have an excuse to buy a new one! :-)

9:38 AM  
Blogger Bellezza said...

I never knew it was your birthday! Oh, dear, a Happy and Belated Day to you. It sounds like you celebrated with aplomb!

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Six Weird Things About Me
ONE more Thanksgiving story, and I promise to stop
So you tell me ....
Nobody under 21 admitted
Do you fight it?
About that plastic bag
1000 plus miles and three days later...
I leave you to discuss this
Why I feel the need ....
Did he or didn't he?


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button