Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow Emergency Etiquette

So here is my burning question for the day:

Certainly when the wind is whipping around all over the place and there is a blizzard warning, one would not venture out into such weather.

But when that weather subsides, the wind is no longer blowing, and it is no longer snowing, when is it a good idea to go out?

Our county, and surrounding counties, are under a Level 3 snow emergency. This means that only emergency situations should take people outside and on the roadways. Ace works in a county to the northeast of us, and they are also under a similar warning. He can't reach anyone at his store, but there have been no "don't come into work" phone calls from the boss, either.

So my statement is: if there are level threes in both counties, he shouldn't go to work, right?

He isn't arguing with me as he really can't get his little car out of our driveway onto the not plowed sidestreet that we live on. The main road out front is looking pretty good, but this little sidestreet... he will get stuck post-haste, and he isn't taking MY car to work.

So I think work is a wash for him. Of course, he said he is going to wait until they plow the sidestreet to get to work. I said "well you will be here until Friday."

Of course, he can't call in his absence when nobody is picking the phone up at work.

So I think this is just one of those days ...

But there has been a little bit of traffic on the street, but nothing horrendous. Maybe like ... one car. No plows that I have noticed. And if the Municipal court is closed, then EVERYthing should be.

And let me tell you this: if my church doesn't cancel the little bit of Wed. night activities tonight, I will run SCREAMING into the street!

Ok.... here is the update on the church situation:

As of Wednesday, 2/14/2007, at 7:42 a.m.
The StoneBridge Church of God office is closed.
Check back after 12:00 p.m. for the status of Wednesday evening ministry and activities.

Let me be the first to state: I will NOT come into church just to have the three year olds to Kindergartners watch the puppet show and then keep them there until seven. I won't. I don't have choir. I do have to practice tonight for Sunday morning, but that can be done Sunday morning. Seriously, I will go all ape over someone...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will not be attending any church activities either..consider it canceled.
I won't even be checking back after your report of the church status.
All done. In my mind..closed.
Matt is home as well today..thought it was pretty progressive of the Japanese to cancel work. Wow. Hope you are seeing more than a few cars across the street..otherwise, I better get my butt in there to take care of things.
Happy snow day girlfriend...
regrettably, our PSP is canceled..for good. :(

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We don't have level anything emergencies, so we judge venturing out onto the roads on our own. Basically the rule of thumb is...stay off the roads for the first snow. Let the idiots who forget how to drive in it and those with bologna skin tires get the wrecks out of their system.

Any following snows, if you can drive it in your car, go. If you can't, bust out the snowmobile and go. If the snowmobile will get stuck, don't leave your house. ;)

11:02 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

LOL, Sue! We need snowmobiles here... they are "illegal" in town.

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"they are "illegal" in town"

Yeah, but the coppers gotta catch you first. And I guarantee you a snowmobile can both out-maneuver and out-run a cop car. ;) LOL!

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never had to experience anything like that, thank goodness! I bet you can't wait for Spring.

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stay home, it they're not answering chances are they are all home themselves.

Keep warm! I can hardly believe those pictures. Be safe!

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Lest you think I kid....
Peter and Paul
The Master of My Domain
Snow snow go away
My renter needs some help
Friday Feast # 2
Knock me over with a feather
TT # 27
The picture of the Grammy bite
Hello to Sparks and Butterflies


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button