Tuesday, March 20, 2007

And here's that story about the spaceship

So here's how it goes.

A few years ago, Ace and I were enjoying a bottle of Breitenbach First Crush. That stuff goes down like candy. And I think I had more than Ace from that bottle.

I was watching Independence Day. That is one of those movies that I can't pass up when I see that it is on. Twister, Independence Day, Desperately Seeking Susan, The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Witness... the list goes on.

So for those of you who haven't seen Independence Day, it is about aliens who come to Earth to harvest it for their use, and of course, the human race is the first thing that needs to be annihilated. I love Jeff Goldblum ... so I watch it.

Ace had gone outside to pick things up out of the yard because it was a nice summer night, and they had been playing outside. About 10 minutes later, he comes inside and says "hey ... get out here. I need to show you something."

Ok. Since I was a little kid, I have always been afraid of those little aliens ... the ones with the big eyes, small bodies. There was that movie ... Communion. Couldn't STAND it, even though it did have Christopher Walken in it (another of my faves). It creeped me the he** out.

So I have these dreams sometimes ... that I look up in the sky and sure enough, there are these lights that dash around fast, and I know what they are and I get scared. I still have them to this day. Now that I am talking about it, I BET you that I have one of those dreams tonight.

When I go outside, I say "you better not tell me to look up into the sky when I get out here" and he said "well then, you better not come out." FREAKED ME OUT!!!

I get out to the backyard, and he points to this light on the horizon and says "I've been watching this light for the last 10 minutes, and it seems to be moving. Not a lot, but moving."

Well that was it. I just stood there and was mesmerized. I had started to make my plans of building a bomb shelter and stocking it up with non-perishables, wondering how long we would be able to survive.

Then I ordered Ace into the car to "chase it."

There was a point in time in our marriage where he would drop EVERYthing and do something for me. Not so much now. And I think it was this event that made him start thinking that he needed to use his brain before he ran off and did every bidding that I uttered.

So he takes off in his little car, and "chases" this light. I finally lost sight of it, and he returned home about 20 minutes later (about 10 minutes into that 20 minutes, I had these visions of him sitting at a train crossing, his car losing power, train lights going on and off and then that beam of light...).

That night I am most positive that my dreams were filled with aliens and spaceships flitting around the sky.

The next evening, the man who brought all of this terror about decided that it was best to Google the situation (of course, I had already poured over all the websites to see if anyone had reported an alien spacecraft in this area ... nobody had) and lo and behold ...

It was Venus.

Or so he says.

Venus is code name for "shut the he** up wife, and next time you think someone should chase a light, YOU do it. Now pass that bottle of wine, woman."

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I happen to love Jeff Goldblum too! I watched the Fly the other day. That one gets a little gross though.

I've never really had the alien dream thing but probably will now! ha ha talk later girl.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Taoknitter said...

You are so funny...I love it that you can still get into feeling all these things. Happy alien hunting!

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no way in he** I would be able to get my husband to chase the light. He would look at me like I was crazy! LOL!

Glad to see you weren't abducted!

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

It certainly wasn't us
The Great Chicken Nugget Debacle
Friday's Feast # 6
Oh yeah... Weight Watchers
TT # 31
Wordless Wednesday
Well.... hmmm.... let's see
Been Tagged ... What Meredith Needs
Who's your daddy?
Really, who ARE laws written for?


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button