Wednesday, March 14, 2007
TT # 31
|In honor of my Scotch/Irish heritage, I thought it would be appropriate to discuss some spirits that I have partaken .... you know ... because I'm Scotch/Irish. What better reason to talk about alcohol, I ask you? Thirteen Spirits In Which I Have Imbibed 1. Fosters. On tap. In the barrel. You name it, I've had it. I LOVE the stuff, and it just totally reminds me of sitting in a pub in England. 2. Some dark draught at some pub in London. That is about as non-descript as I possibly can get. I inherited my father's love (who is of English heritage, mind you ... so I am an oppressor and the oppressed at the same time ... what a combo ... no wonder I need therapy) for dark beer that you can chew. Had it; loved it. 3. Lemonade and beer. Our German exchange student's mother, Helga, tried to talk me into this drink. I had it; I HATED it. It was just .... bleah. 4. Lots and lots of German beer when I visited our German exchange student, Gernot. He was raised on the stuff. I loved the ceramic tops on the bottles. I remember a story about how his mother would only send him off on his bike if she knew he would be drinking too much. Sure enough, there were many stories of him coming home drunk and passing out somewhere on his bike. Helga is a SMART woman.|
5. Tequila. Bleck. Can't stand the stuff. Can't stand the smell. Can't stand the taste. But I like margaritas. Go fig.
6. Jack Daniels. Yet another in the "bleck" category.
7. Ok .. I have to admit this one ... this was all in the same night: one shot of Jagermeister, one shot of tequila, one shot of Jim Beam, and one shot of rum. It was after my oral arguments in my first year of law school. All of this was then chased with the bottomless pit of bottled beer. Some guy kept pouring beer into my bottle and I kept drinking. And drinking. And drinking. And passed out on the table. And then threw up outside.
8. Long Island Iced Tea. And not just ANY LIIT. It was a 24 ounce drink from this bar off of Cedar Point. They were horrid things, but man .... they were cheap.
9. Manhattan. YUM!
10. Sloe Gin Fizz. YUM-O!
11. Never met a margarita I didn't like. Jose makes an excellent already made, in the bottle margarita. YUMMY!
12. Breitenbach Black Raspberry Wine. This is HEAVEN in a bottle, people. Heaven. Did I ever tell you about the time when I thought I saw a UFO? Ok. That is for another time.
13. Breitenbach First Crush. Another yummy wine. These are wines that are kind of local to the area. They are SOOOOO good.
I promise I am not a lush. Really, I used to drink a lot in college and at Cedar Point. But I really don't do that much anymore. It is the occasional margarita here and there, and wine at home. Nothing like my wild days of long ago.... but the Irish part of me always needs something.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Labels: Thursday Thirteen
I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.
Well.... hmmm.... let's see
Been Tagged ... What Meredith Needs
Who's your daddy?
Really, who ARE laws written for?
Friday's Feast # 5
TT # 30
Getting a house ready to sell
Teaching an old dog new tricks