Wednesday, March 14, 2007

TT # 31


In honor of my Scotch/Irish heritage, I thought it would be appropriate to discuss some spirits that I have partaken .... you know ... because I'm Scotch/Irish. What better reason to talk about alcohol, I ask you?

Thirteen Spirits In Which I Have Imbibed

1. Fosters. On tap. In the barrel. You name it, I've had it. I LOVE the stuff, and it just totally reminds me of sitting in a pub in England.

2. Some dark draught at some pub in London. That is about as non-descript as I possibly can get. I inherited my father's love (who is of English heritage, mind you ... so I am an oppressor and the oppressed at the same time ... what a combo ... no wonder I need therapy) for dark beer that you can chew. Had it; loved it.

3. Lemonade and beer. Our German exchange student's mother, Helga, tried to talk me into this drink. I had it; I HATED it. It was just .... bleah.

4. Lots and lots of German beer when I visited our German exchange student, Gernot. He was raised on the stuff. I loved the ceramic tops on the bottles. I remember a story about how his mother would only send him off on his bike if she knew he would be drinking too much. Sure enough, there were many stories of him coming home drunk and passing out somewhere on his bike. Helga is a SMART woman.

5. Tequila. Bleck. Can't stand the stuff. Can't stand the smell. Can't stand the taste. But I like margaritas. Go fig.

6. Jack Daniels. Yet another in the "bleck" category.

7. Ok .. I have to admit this one ... this was all in the same night: one shot of Jagermeister, one shot of tequila, one shot of Jim Beam, and one shot of rum. It was after my oral arguments in my first year of law school. All of this was then chased with the bottomless pit of bottled beer. Some guy kept pouring beer into my bottle and I kept drinking. And drinking. And drinking. And passed out on the table. And then threw up outside.

8. Long Island Iced Tea. And not just ANY LIIT. It was a 24 ounce drink from this bar off of Cedar Point. They were horrid things, but man .... they were cheap.

9. Manhattan. YUM!

10. Sloe Gin Fizz. YUM-O!

11. Never met a margarita I didn't like. Jose makes an excellent already made, in the bottle margarita. YUMMY!

12. Breitenbach Black Raspberry Wine. This is HEAVEN in a bottle, people. Heaven. Did I ever tell you about the time when I thought I saw a UFO? Ok. That is for another time.

13. Breitenbach First Crush. Another yummy wine. These are wines that are kind of local to the area. They are SOOOOO good.

I promise I am not a lush. Really, I used to drink a lot in college and at Cedar Point. But I really don't do that much anymore. It is the occasional margarita here and there, and wine at home. Nothing like my wild days of long ago.... but the Irish part of me always needs something.




The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels:

27 Comments:

Blogger Debby said...

How funny! I did a very similar list. A friend of mine made me try lemonade and beer just recently....it was horrible! What are they thinking? Happy Thursday!

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun. Thanks so much for the great liquor store ideas. (the one time a year I go...)

9:40 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Oh I LOVE Sloe Gin Fizzes! And is Breitenbach Black Raspberry Wine available in the US? Sounds wicked good!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Taoknitter said...

I will sign my name and do this tomorrow. Tapped/typed out right now. What fun! Love your responses...got me remembering!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I had this really pithy story for you about drinking Jagermeister with the guys in Murphy's Law, and then the Tour Manager sidetracked me by turning on Heavy Metal Poker on VH1 and he can't figure out who's who without me.

It's a rock and roll kind of night here.

Happy TT!

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got to love Long Island Iced Tea.

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A great list. Agree with you on the margaritas and on your "bleck" comments for the hard liquor. I like beer, but I don't think you could get me anywhere close to a lemonade/beer combo. Break out the indigestions tablets!

No TT for me this week, but I have a contest up if anyone is interested in possibly winning one of two e-books. For details visit my blog. (Click on my name to go to my website.)

Happy TT everyone.

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breitenbach..so yummy! Gotta love that! Corona with lime is also a good one :)

2:30 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Oh yeah... there's another one I totally forgot ... Corona with lime. One of my faves! LOTS of lime, though. Love it!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

I didn't know an excuse was needed to talk about alcohol. But lemonade and beer? ;)

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of the hard stuff at all. I remember my senior prom date drank a LOT of te-kill-ya and ate the worm!!! And he wondered why I wouldn't kiss him??? Uhh having nausea just thinking about it.

I was a junior in highschool I think when I tried beer for the first time. It tasted horrid so we thought it would be a good idea to chase it with cherry koolaid...not a good idea. Needless to say I never developed a taste for beer.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Sparky Duck said...

you should look out for my beer margarita recipe on the blog. Best of both worlds

8:53 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Last night, Ace was watching some show on Fox ... with Brad Garrett. Horrid show, but there was one point where his friend was drinking Jagermeister, another one of those nasty meisters, and tequila all mixed together. And I wish I could remember what he called it. It sounded AWFUL! And I could just imagine what it would have done to me.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

My SIL drinks Bloody Mary mix and beer. It makes me gag everytime I see her pour it.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Oh kim... seriously?? Grodie to the max!!!

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should try a SnakeBite, Hypnotiq as well yummies.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit, I don't drink much... alcohol tastes like, well... alcohol! No matter what I seem to put it in! lol

Selena

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are fans of the Jose bottled margaritas too!! There's nothing better on a hot day than a salted glass and a bottle of margaritas!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Wow, it's been YEARS (if not decades) since I've had a LIIT. Those were the days... I'm such a lightweight now that half of one would probably put me under the table. These days I'm more of a Cape Codder girl myself.

Great TT.

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you sure you're not a lush?
just kidding, I love the list. I've never done shots and don't want to, your story makes me even more sure of that!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

I got so sick on Tequila in college, I can't even eat a Jelly Belly margarita flavored jelly bean. Truly.

1:20 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

Interesting list. I don't drink cos I don't like the taste, but it always feels like I'm missing out on the fun.

Happy TT!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Rashenbo said...

Lemonade and beer.... EWWWW that's just wrong! :) I used to love sloe gin fizzes... until I threw one up one time.... (yeah, too many screw drivers before the sloe gin doesn't settle well). I've not been able to drink them since. :)

Thanks for the great list.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Very interesting list!!!
I like Long Island Ice TEa!!! I don't drink normal iced tea, but there we the drink special at one of the restaurant, so I said why not... And really like it!!
But the best is strawberry daiquiries and my man Smirfnofff(I adore vodka!!)

3:35 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I am more of a Captain and Coke kinda girl. After 4, I don't know how many I have had. Tequelia messes me up bad.

I need help in my TT choosing scents for my soaps.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Andi said...

I like mimosas.
Wine coolers.
Amaretto.

I can't drink much due to my thyroid though....the medicine I take could have vile interactions. I have only small amounts of alcohol so I have to buy only things that keep for a long time....like vermouth which I use in cooking.

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Had to ask... did ya drink all the shots after the oral argument because you thought you did bad? Or because you needed to unwind so much from being so stressed out? LOL!! Sounds like something I woulda done, either way ;)

What a great T13!!

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Wordless Wednesday
Well.... hmmm.... let's see
Been Tagged ... What Meredith Needs
Who's your daddy?
Really, who ARE laws written for?
Friday's Feast # 5
TT # 30
Wordless Wednesday
Getting a house ready to sell
Teaching an old dog new tricks


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button