Wednesday, March 21, 2007

TT # 32



Just today, Ace and I were talking about how the Monkey has totally gotten into a LOT of stuff ... and that she never STOPS! No matter how many times we tell her to stop doing something, she just keeps on a truckin' and we know where she gets it ... her big sis.

I thought that a Thursday Thirteen about the three kids would be a fun thing to do ... so here are

Thirteen Things about My Three Yahoos

1. The Monkey doesn't sleep well at night. She never has. She will cry out in the middle of the night for the most assinine reasons ... she needs some water, she needs a bandaid, her knee is hurting her, she's tired ... you name it, she has an excuse for it.

2. When the Door Man was a baby, he didn't sleep well, either. In fact, there was a point in time when I didn't think he would EVER sleep through the night. Until I finally clued in that maybe he was just hungry, and that was it. I felt like such a rotten mother after that.

3. Queen Bee really surprised me this year with basketball. I think she will make a really good little player if she gets the basics down ... like not standing behind your defender when you are on offense with your hand raised saying "pass the ball to me!!!"

4. The Monkey weighed 4 pounds 13 ounces when she was born. She was a PEANUT, but she had the wail of an airhorn. The nurses commented in the NICU that she was the loudest baby they had heard in a long time.

5. The Door Man has announced that he wants to work at two local ice cream establishments, as well as be a construction worker and work with his Dad at Ace.

6. When I was pregnant with the Queen, I grabbed her foot and told Ace that she was going to have very large feet. He didn't believe that the length I was showing him with my fingers really represented the size of her foot. He was wrong; I was right. She had huge feet, and she still does. She wears a size 3 1/2 Youth, 5 1/2 women. But it is long and skinny.

7. I remember the DAY that Queen slept all the way through the night.... January 1, 1999. Ace and I woke up, realized that she hadn't cried during the night, and said "Happy New Year to US!" She was (and still is) a beautiful sleeper.

8. The Man is the sweetest, most caring little boy. He will tell his sisters that they are pretty, and that they are the best sisters in the world. Such a little man....

9. Instead of crawling a lot, the Monkey scooted around on her back a lot. I remember being at Jacque's for Bible study, and we all watched as the Monkey scooted all over her living room in record time.

10. Queen has seen just about every single bathroom in every single restaurant we have been to ... and that is a LOT of restaurants.

11. The Door Man was born with cataracts. I have mentioned this on the blog a few times. But I don't think I mention enough how much this little man amazes me on a daily basis. I know the struggles he has ahead of him, and he just meets everything with gusto and a passion for learning ... it is amazing

12. Did I ever mention that the Monkey loves lip gloss?

13. These kids are changing on a daily basis and I feel like I blink and someone has grown an inch or two. The other day, the Man's old preschool teacher said that he is going to be taller than me soon ... and he is. He is up to my chest already. The Monkey will always be a petite little thing, but she packs a mighty punch (sorry that she made Abby cry tonight, Robin... I felt so bad for Abby!) and the Queen will always be the over-achiever. So many things to love about these three people I brought into this world... and so many things to look for as they grow up.




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!






Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

What a great post--save stuff like this for your scrapbooks! I did a kid-themed list this week too.

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, great TT! I have a little one that like to visit all public restrooms, as well, LOL...

12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh...what a lovely family. Your kids make me want to give my boy a sibling, or two...

:-)

PS: I looove your blog!

4:39 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

sounds like you've got quite the brood over there. Very cute.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Chelle said...

You have great kids :)

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it, and yes you've mentioned several times that they monkey loves lip gloss.

wow, I don't know if I could handle a kid that didn't sleep well, I really need my 8 hours or it just screws everything up.

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love love love this list Mer, so sweet! I loved listening to all the kids last night on the way home, particularly Ms. J and Abby...
they are growing up so fast!
:)

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Semi-Wordless Wednesday
Sweepstakes, Part Deux and a Baby
And here's that story about the spaceship
It certainly wasn't us
The Great Chicken Nugget Debacle
Friday's Feast # 6
Oh yeah... Weight Watchers
TT # 31
Wordless Wednesday
Well.... hmmm.... let's see


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button