Wednesday, March 21, 2007
TT # 32
I thought that a Thursday Thirteen about the three kids would be a fun thing to do ... so here are
Thirteen Things about My Three Yahoos
2. When the Door Man was a baby, he didn't sleep well, either. In fact, there was a point in time when I didn't think he would EVER sleep through the night. Until I finally clued in that maybe he was just hungry, and that was it. I felt like such a rotten mother after that.
3. Queen Bee really surprised me this year with basketball. I think she will make a really good little player if she gets the basics down ... like not standing behind your defender when you are on offense with your hand raised saying "pass the ball to me!!!"
4. The Monkey weighed 4 pounds 13 ounces when she was born. She was a PEANUT, but she had the wail of an airhorn. The nurses commented in the NICU that she was the loudest baby they had heard in a long time.
5. The Door Man has announced that he wants to work at two local ice cream establishments, as well as be a construction worker and work with his Dad at Ace.
6. When I was pregnant with the Queen, I grabbed her foot and told Ace that she was going to have very large feet. He didn't believe that the length I was showing him with my fingers really represented the size of her foot. He was wrong; I was right. She had huge feet, and she still does. She wears a size 3 1/2 Youth, 5 1/2 women. But it is long and skinny.
7. I remember the DAY that Queen slept all the way through the night.... January 1, 1999. Ace and I woke up, realized that she hadn't cried during the night, and said "Happy New Year to US!" She was (and still is) a beautiful sleeper.
8. The Man is the sweetest, most caring little boy. He will tell his sisters that they are pretty, and that they are the best sisters in the world. Such a little man....
9. Instead of crawling a lot, the Monkey scooted around on her back a lot. I remember being at Jacque's for Bible study, and we all watched as the Monkey scooted all over her living room in record time.
10. Queen has seen just about every single bathroom in every single restaurant we have been to ... and that is a LOT of restaurants.
11. The Door Man was born with cataracts. I have mentioned this on the blog a few times. But I don't think I mention enough how much this little man amazes me on a daily basis. I know the struggles he has ahead of him, and he just meets everything with gusto and a passion for learning ... it is amazing
12. Did I ever mention that the Monkey loves lip gloss?
13. These kids are changing on a daily basis and I feel like I blink and someone has grown an inch or two. The other day, the Man's old preschool teacher said that he is going to be taller than me soon ... and he is. He is up to my chest already. The Monkey will always be a petite little thing, but she packs a mighty punch (sorry that she made Abby cry tonight, Robin... I felt so bad for Abby!) and the Queen will always be the over-achiever. So many things to love about these three people I brought into this world... and so many things to look for as they grow up.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.