Friday, May 25, 2007

May the Toys Be With You ... Always

What happened 30 years ago today?

No. I wasn't born.

No. Ace wasn't born.

No. None of my kids were born.

30 years ago today, I started my love affair with science fiction.

30 years ago today, Star Wars debuted in movie theaters.

30 years ago today, I started off with my crush on Luke Skywalker but then I later decided that Han Solo was MUCH yummier. And I think everyone else would agree with me.

30 years ago today, the craze of putting the little Kenner toys catalog in Cheerios boxes started. It was a good ploy to get kids to start eating better cereal for breakfast. I would sit at my kitchen table and pore over that little catalog, dreaming of all the Star Wars toys I would ask for for Christmas.

I know that I have mentioned the time when I snooped around in the closet at my house and found three-Barbie sized action figures, and tried to act like I hadn't found them? My Mom got me Luke, Leia, and Han. Leia had that crazy hair that they said you could put back up in those donut things, but I could never get her hair back up.

I don't know what happened to Luke and Leia. I am sure they met the demise of the garage sale.
But I know exactly where Han is...



yummy.....

Happy 30th Anniversary, fellow geeks!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was 30 years ago? Gah. I'm feeling old today.

I had one of those R2D2 robots. Sadly, it didn't last long. As soon as my brother got his paws on it, he took it apart. He also put it back together, but had extra parts left over and yeah, R2D2 never worked again.

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you still have that doll! You are so funny. You truely are a roadie of the Star Wars craze.
You may be able to sell that doll on e-bay some day for alot of money when you are poor and down and out. He is in "mint condition". No loss of appendages, body paint, or worn clothing. You do care for this guy don't you? LOL
Have a great weekend girl!

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so freakin awesome that you have Hans. Seriously are willing to sell it? It's in such good condition. I can send you my contact info if you're interested.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Yoda Man dude... if you aren't any of my friends playing a trick on me, then let's bargain.

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

blah blah blah wah wah wah..
have no idea what you are talking about or what universe you are in
lol
yoda man may be MP in disguise..you just never know!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

MP ... you bad, bad man. But that is freaking awesome.

You might have fooled me about JY, but not with YM.

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband is a hie hard Star Wars fan. I swear, there's always some Star Was movie playing on the television! Thank goodness we have more than 1 tv! LOL!

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Do you have a hero?
DA** Ducks
Living in total denial
HIlarious....
Daily Docket Doozie
A sign of the times
You know it is going to be a good day when....
Has anyone seen my son's walls?
Volunteering
No wonder the roads are all messed up


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button