Monday, July 30, 2007

The Man and the Urinal

We took off from home around 10 our time, but didn't really get out of town until around 10:30 or so because we had some errands to run. The van was gassed up, the kids were snacked up and pottied, and we were all set.

The first four hours of the trip went by without a hitch. Actually, the whole trip down went without a hitch. It lulls you into a false sense of security sometimes, thinking "I could take these kids ANYWHERE!"

We stopped in Louisville, Kentucky at a Pilot gas station/truck stop.

This was a totally different world for my kids.

This place was a mecca of stuff. CBs, calling cards, a machine that you put a quarter in and put your wrist up to the machine to get a puff of cologne .. I am sure it was some goooooood smelling stuff. And showers. The girls couldn't get over the showers.

Mommy! Look. There's a ....a ... SHOWER! WHY is there a shower here?!

We head off to take care of our business. Ace went into the men's room with the Man, and the Monkey tried to follow. It took about 15 seconds of enticement and convincing that she was headed into the wrong room.

The girls and I take care of things, and come on out.

Ace comes out, shaking his head and laughing. I asked what had happened.

You know those plastic things that sit in the urinal?

Well, having never had the need to use one, .... no. I don't know what you are talking about.

Well, there is a plastic thing in the urinal that holds the urinal cake .. you know... I guess to change the water blue. So I had had my lesson in urinalogy.

And apparently I am not the only person who has never seen or heard of this plastic thing that sits in the urinal, for all to pee on.

The Man walked in, took one look at that, threw caution to the wind and PICKS.IT.UP.

Did I mention that we were in a truck stop? Outside of Lousiville, KY? On I-65?

PICKS it up.

Daddy... what's this?

He had his hands immediately washed. He peed. He had his hands washed again. And I broke out my hand sanitizer and layered it on his hands. All the while he is saying "But Daddy washed my hands TWICE already!!!!"

Well, Door Man. That could never be enough. For as long as you live.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eww and LOL! Guess the boy just needed a closer look.

You know, I know exactly what little plastic thing you are talking about. Scary. What does that say about me? Am I a closet men's bathroom lurker? Have I ordered too many maintenance supplies? Who knows.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Taoknitter said...

Did you screech?! I would have, very loudly! And I would have had that santitizer up his arms and on his face!!! 3 more times!!!!Eeeewww, that has totally creeped me out!

That's one for the "you better behave or I will tell your girlfriend about _______________" vault. Good ammunition.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Back... all in one piece
Apparently I have sufficiently p'ed off my husband
T Minus One Day
I'll make you an offer you can't refuse
Watch out ... inflated ego ahead
That time of year ...
Pull the plug already, will ya?
Where I could have been yesterday
More than a village
Parent Communication


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button