Wednesday, July 25, 2007

T Minus One Day

Well, tomorrow we take off for the Deliverance country of west central Kentucky to spend some quality time with my inlaws.

See where this is going, people?

Here's the list of fun they have planned for us:

A trip to a place called Kentucky Down Under ... WOO HOO. At least it isn't another trip to Dinosaur World. I'm not kidding ... there IS such a place. And once you have been through it once, you don't need to do it again. We've been through it... twice. And this is 45 minutes from my inlaws place.

It really is just the LAST thing I want to do when I have traveled well over 8 hours to get there to then turn around and get RIGHT back in my van and travel back the same way we came to go do things. It is just ... I don't know... asinine?

THEN we are going to spend an evening at their county fair.

That is the part that scares me the most. Deliverance country ... county fair.

And then we will spend a day on their boat, fishing. The Man HATES to fish, and the Monkey hates fish. It is an excellent combination. So keeping them entertained on a boat that has a bucket to pee in .... 100 percent pure family fun right there!

And if you are wondering, yes, Ace WILL read this post. I can guarantee it. And yes, it will tick him off. Let him get his own blog ...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to vent too. Let him get a blog and vent.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Taoknitter said...

YeeHAWWWWW! I can so feel your pain! What else can you do but try to turn this into something sarcastic? It is how we cope. Hang in there and distract yourself by cataloguing the whole trip for your next posts...I can't wait to read them.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

I'll make you an offer you can't refuse
Watch out ... inflated ego ahead
That time of year ...
Pull the plug already, will ya?
Where I could have been yesterday
More than a village
Parent Communication
Now it is time to pay the piper
I would like for you to meet my sister
Blah blah blah blah


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button