Thursday, August 16, 2007

Those phone calls you hate getting ... and a phone call you don't expect to get

The Godfather theme rings on my cell phone. It is more ominous than normal...

Hello mother.

Have you talked to your sister?

Earlier this afternoon... why?

Have you talked to her since her accident?

WHAT?! WHAT ACCIDENT!

Well, I don't know .... I was outside when she called on her cell phone. She said she was hit when someone turned right in front of her. Dad is taking her to the ER. She has a cut and a bump, so she's going to get checked out.

My poor sister. When she was on her way home from visiting me when the Queen was born, she and my niece got into a pretty bad, one-car accident. She hydroplaned on an exit ramp and smashed her backend (thank goodness) into a cement girder. The car was totalled.

This car that she was in yesterday ... the car she got to replace the one she totalled. And she owned it. And now she doesn't anymore.

My Mom called back to let me know she had talked to my Dad, who said Mini Martha was being checked out, and was "checking out ok." She was set to be released soon.

I was in the bathroom, getting ready to go to teach class last night and my phone rang again. I was hoping it was the Odd Couple theme (MM's music). It wasn't.

It was My Old Kentucky Home.

You got it .. my MIL was calling.

I handed the phone over to Ace. And here's how the one-sided convo went.

Hi there. Pause. Well, from what we know, she has a cut and a bump, but is still in the ER..... LONG pause. How did YOU find out about her accident?

It seems that my MIL loves to troll the online version of our local paper. And they had ALREADY reported my sister's accident (along with my sister's age ... we laughed about that later).

So when I finally reached MM, who was walking out of a grocery store with her pain med Rx, I told her that my MIL sent her best wishes.

MM about peed her pants.

WHAT? How did SHE find out?

So I read her the newspaper blurb. And she found out more about the girl who hit her ... like how she is 17, only had her learner's permit, and was driving without her required licensed driver.

All in all, the accident was not too serious, but from the looks of MM's car, it was REALLY serious. Her car is toast, and she is bummed out about that.

And as for my MIL and that online newspaper thing .... remind me to never do anything that will get me landed in the Daily Docket.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! Her car looked TERRIBLE!!! Glad she is ok!
so crazy how you found out!
alternate universe?

7:44 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

I know ... her car looked awful, and she took it all on her side. And the thing was ... MM said she was the ONLY traffic coming. And she was in plain view of the other vehicle.

It just seems that people aren't paying as much attention anymore ..

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, now that is freaky that your MIL is trolling the daily docket. LOL!

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

It's like they are speaking to me, man
Dreams
Making a choice
The new toy
I Heart Drake Bell
Come on .... you all be jealous now
Sucked into the white trash tornado
Seven bottles of beer on the wall...
So really ... what happened
Sell a Cow, Make a Friend


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button