Friday, June 16, 2006

And you would find that word where in the dictionary?

Editing to add this: Cureal is not how they have spelled it ... I misspoke. It is cureall.

So my little brain started working and do they mean... cure all?

Sometimes it takes me five years... but I do catch on eventually.

Confused ... read on.
*************************************************************************************
E-mail spam. I hate it. I loathe receiving it. There has GOT to be a better use of my time than having to delete 150 of these messages a day. You think I exaggerate? I don't.

I have two e-mail accounts. One for a little online business that I own, and my personal one. I would have to say the accounts compete with one another for the largest number of spam messages received in one day. If left alone, my business account would accumulate 100 messages a day, and I have to weed through those to get to my customers' e-mails.

And do you know what drives me the MOST insane? The fact that these messages are creating their own dictionary.

Sure, there have been variations of the English language. The most recent was the new word: mort'gage.

This is the one that really gets under my skin:

Our store is your cureall.

WTH? Can you please use that word in a sentence?

No, your store ISN'T my cureall. You don't even know what cureal means. You made that up. So how can it be my cureall if you can't explain to me what cureall means?

And then there are the messages with the lines upon lines of characters. Is that supposed to be a word? or is it just meant to drive me insane, trying to figure out what the real meaning behind it is?

Seriously. Whoever it is that is sending these damn messages out .... give me something that is useful.

I don't have a penis, so I don't need a penis enlarger.

How did you know I was overweight? can you see me? did you see me eat that Krispy Kreme this morning?

I am not at all interested in using your fly-by-night mortgage company to refinance my house. No way, no how. Any finance company that has its corporate HQ in Nigeria need not send me anymore messages.

Shame of sex? We can change it. Really? Shame of what sex? I am happy that I am a female. I don't think you CAN change that, can you? If so, no thanks.

And how can you send me that type of message right before the message from my pastor about our church update? Blasphemers. All of you!

Here's another one, just received in my business account: Hi, mid-current. Well, hello there.

I am going to invest a large sum of money that will develop a program that spits back sappy, Spiritual messages to these people. The ones with those midi files that play Amazing Grace and has a really saccharine-sweet picture of an angel ascending from Heaven. And it will tell them they are all going to hell because they told me one too many times that their store is my cureal.

2 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Actually you know how they are spelling it? Cureall. With two L's.

I won't hit you.... I might bump ya, but won't hit ya!

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read it as "cureal" for months, too. It's always bothered me in the back of my brain. Today I finally decided to look that word up, only to find it was "cureall".

You are not alone.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Who knew a relaxed bladder could feel so good?
A glimpse into my future
Cars + 3 year old = Disaster
Sign me up
We need 10 percent down on that layaway, please
Margarita in hand
Aretha ... sing it, girl!
And the walls came tumbling down
Two more days
Hometown celebrities


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button