I LOVE Napoleon Dynamite. When Ace rented it from Blockbuster one evening, I thought "great... here we go ... I have to suffer through yet ANOTHER sophomoric movie selection of his." Because you know, Ace has been known to rent some doozies... House of Wax being the last doozie that graced the presence of this house. But ND ... a cult classic, to be certain. My friend, Robin, and I will laugh hysterically as we remember lines from the movie....
So ... even if you haven't seen the movie, hopefully these pearls of wisdom with stay with you throughout this Thursday. You never know. It might save your life. Nah...
Without further ado...
Thirteen Things I Learned from Napoleon Dynamite
1. It doesn't matter if it is family; grapefruit is a good object to throw at cars.
2. Steak fresh from the source is much better than store-bought.
3. The side-loading ponytail ... it WILL make a comeback!
4. Even geeks can wear a sweet suit and make it look good.
5. "I want that" could be muttered by anyone, including your senior pastor during a sermon, and you still get the giggles because we ALL want ships in glass bottles.
6. D-Qwon's Dance Grooves should be on everyone's must watch list.
7. Caboodles were the best things ... EVER! All of those little drawers that pull out and all that storage area underneath .... priceless. Yet another item that WILL make a comeback. Or should.
8. There is still hope for the underdog.
9. Presidential Election 2008: Vote for Pedro.
10. When faced with incredible odds, adrenaline will kick in everytime when your cousin is being attacked by wolverines, and you have to fend them off with a freaking 12 gauge. Gosh.
11. They don't do things the same in the Gem State as they do down in Juarez.
12. Tots can fit just about anywhere.
13. Music for a Found Harmonium ... sweetest song EVER!