Sunday, July 16, 2006

Robert Palmer knew nothing

When I was growing up, the heat didn't really bother me too much. I could be outside for hours and hours on end, playing like a maniac was always one step behind me with a machete.

When I grew into a mature high schooler (THAT is tongue in cheek), I could be in band camp and not have one problem.

However, once I hit college, and those band camps of high school years were a distant memory, I would SWEAT like nobody's business on the band field. I could be standing stick still and break a sweat. I would sweat all over the step during step aerobics. I was just a sweaty, nasty beast in college. And I was in pretty good shape then.

As the years have gone by, and unfortunately the pounds added on, that sweating hasn't gone away.

However now ... I fear that sweating is caused by something else: the hot flash.

Yes, you read it here first. I fear that I am peri-menopausal.

I am 36, going to be 37 in a few months. And here, my dear readers, is when you click on the X if you wish to not gain too much information:


I started my cycle when I was nine. Yes. Nine. I was home with my father, of all people, because the Mominator and mini Martha had taken off shopping in another town. Needless to say, it was a rather demeaning experience.

But now ... I thought that I had experienced sweating to the max. Was I ever wrong.

I dry my hair, I sweat. I sleep, I wake up drenched, my pillow is drenched, and so is the pillow that I clutch at night.

But what is the most embarassing is when I am singing in front of the whole congregation. I am on microphone one or two Sundays a month. The last two times, I was worse than any Sweathog you could ever imagine. Bleck.

So when the church decides to have the family picnic on THE hottest day of the summer so far, count me OUT! However, it wouldn't be anything for the church to witness me sweating.

So really, Robert ... Some Don't Like It Hot.... because that feeling of sweat dripping into your bra.... Gah!

5 Comments:

Blogger Awesome Mom said...

I hate hot flashes. I was on the patch and they gave me the worst hot flashes, I was very worried that like you I was going through the change. I then thought about it for a bit and decided to stop the patch and see if that helped. Thank goodness it did. I hope that you can find something that works for you to help with the hot flashes.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Warm Fuzzies said...

Oh my gosh...I believe I am pre-menopausal too! I started my period at 8...and am 35 now. I can really sympathize. Like you, I have been going through nasty hot flashes, mood swings, and generally always feel yucky, and well...sweaty too. I didn't even think that it may be linked to going through the change. Thanks for the insight...wow, I'm not alone!

11:18 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Of course, I COULD go to the dr. to have my theory checked out ... but that would take out all of the fun of diagnosing myself.

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweat dripping into your bra is definitely one of the nastiest feelings.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Tonya said...

Better than sweat dropping into your bra is when it continues its course down your back and into your "drawers." Nothing better.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Good Saturday Morning
Dinner AND a movie
Before she leaves....
Thirteen Things about Me!I have wanted to do this ...
Yookah me
Why family planning is not a community endeavor
Dramamine and the DVD
Just don't let me stand next to a computer monitor
Give her some love!
Pass the bong but don't tell the Pastor


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button