Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I can't believe we have the same taste

I have a tote in a blue and green print from a fairly well-known (at least in this area) bag maker. I use it to carry the books and stuff that I need for the Legal Research class that I teach at nights.

We went to the library this morning to pass some time away, and it was BUSY there. Someone had decided to bring in their pre-high schoolers to work on something. I have NO idea what it could have been since it is the dead of summer. And not only did they come into the children's section, but they took up EVERY SINGLE TABLE in the library.

Muttering under my breath that they could have at least taken those kids to the adult section, I wrangled my kids in and out of the feet of daycare children who had to take up residence on the floor because of said pre-high schoolers.

We found a chair over by the chinchilla, and the Chandelier Monkey was putting together various puzzles. The Door Man was finding books he wanted to check out, and Queen Bee was promising me that she WILL read these three books that she wanted to check out, even though she returned a Goosebumps book that barely had the first three pages turned in it.

Queen Bee pokes me on the shoulder and says "Hey Mommy ... look! It is the same as your tote!" and I looked at the same pattern on the back of a woman who was standing, talking to another mom. I was sure they were having the same conversation about the sheer amount of non-children in the children's section.

Then I look at her face.

And it is my mortal enemy. Well, one of them at least.

If you read my previous post about being made fun of because I wore glasses, well this person made my life a living hell when I was growing up. I went to private school; she went to public. She made fun of the fact that I didn't "belong" anywhere, that I was an outcast because of my parents' decision to send me to private school.

She made fun of the way I walked. She was just an all around cruel person, and she had a partner in crime, which made matters ten times worse.

That all around cruel person has grown up to be an all around snobby beyotch. Our paths crossed about 10 years ago when Ace was working for a bank here. Mortal Enemy # 1's husband also worked with Ace, and when Ace told me that ME#1 would be at the Christmas party, I did not look forward to seeing her after so many years. And time had not changed a thing. She was still stuck on herself and nasty.

And still, over all this time, she waves at me like I am some fly in the air that she is trying to shoo away. Sometimes it is just easier to not even acknowledge each other.

However, I took great joy in the fact that she was standing there, staring at the Door Man who was busily working on a puzzle of the United States, and putting the states in their exact locations.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Mindy.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

Hhahahahahaha!! Those little moments of slappage are so delicious! :)

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so Mindy from friends..don't cha think?! Here I thought you would want to sleep with me!!!
I'm really hurt by that....:)
Don't you hate the girls that are so high school?! Still think they are all that, even after all this time has passed. You do feel a little flashback before you remember, HEY! I'm just as good as they are. I ran into my mortal enemy last week. She was preggers with her fourth child. We battled the whole time we were in school from seventh grade on up. She kept looking at me and I thought, ok, I'll be the bigger person. She had the nerve to say to me, "gee, you really look familiar, do I know you?" WTF??!!
I actually had to tell that beyotch my name..she then preceeded to hug me. Now, I'm all about let bygones be bygones, but damn..

8:10 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Oh Robin .. this IS Mindy.... you know her.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Elleoz said...

Don't you just love people that refuse to grow up? I would be willing to bet that she a miserable person 24/7. Take comfort that you have lots of people that love you. Who needs Mindy's of the world?

11:11 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

People are crazy. Hey I took legal research and loved my teacher.. Loved that class. How is that for sick.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

I don't think that is sick at all to love legal research. I love to teach it!!!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

I haven't seen the movie Mean Girls because I'm afraid it'll bring back bad memories. I also didn't go to my 10yr reunion.

Once I got to high school (and a new one at that because we moved across the state), I really didn't have problems with people being mean. It's hard to be mean to someone who's invisible. They had no use for me unless they needed help with their homework. Of course they were nice to me then...until they got what they wanted. It was back to The Invisible High Schooler then.

Revel in your moment of "in your face" with your ME!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

ha, ha, hillarious...

we all have sore spots. fortunately for us we don't have to bump into them again...poor you..but hey, if you have to then i'm glad that you have a real life to show off, with wonderful people and not just some bad written script of life and personality to live in..

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

It's all in the eyes
Robert Palmer knew nothing
Good Saturday Morning
Dinner AND a movie
Before she leaves....
Thirteen Things about Me!I have wanted to do this ...
Yookah me
Why family planning is not a community endeavor
Dramamine and the DVD
Just don't let me stand next to a computer monitor


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button