Saturday, August 12, 2006

A free tube in every bowl

Sue's post at Great Lakes State of Mind about how she had to affix a note to the 32-gallon trash can that had seen its better days in order for the trash collectors to haul it off with that day's trash reminded me of the time when we gave someone a free toilet.

When we lived in Kentucky, it never ceased to amaze me the fact that an item could be left on the curb and it would be gone the next day.

Don't need that high chair anymore? Throw it down on the curb. Because seriously, that is where my MIL acquired the high chair she used at her house for the kids. She DID bypass the Diaper Genie, and for that I will be forever thankful.

Got a new couch? Just throw the old one down on the street.

We would drive by people shopping out in the crap on the curb. And it wasn't that these were impoverished people. My MIL is far from impoverished. It is just a way of life, I guess.

So when I was getting ready one morning and I dropped a tube of Bath and Body Works body creme (they used to put them in hugely-large tubes) in our toilet, and said tube went into the crook of the outlet pipe but didn't make it to the far side of the moon, we joined the ranks of "the people who put their crap out on the curb."

My FIL came over to see if he could fix it, but he couldn't. His description was that it was "right stuck." And it was ... right stuck there in the outlet pipe.

He took off for a home improvement store, bought a new "terlet," and installed it that day. He asked what I wanted done with the old one, and I told him to just set it out on the curb, and we could decide what to do with it later.

The next morning, that toilet was gone.

I should have put a sign on it that read: Free tube of lotion; barely used. Toilet isn't worth crap.

But I am most positive that the lucky person who "scored" themselves that toilet quickly found that out.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bellezza said...

You are absolutely hilarious! I love reading your posts. I can picture the whole thing perfectly; these little stories equal the stuff that life is made of.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Perhaps they turned the toilet into a planter.

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it is Kentucky after all...ha ha ha.

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm betting that toilet ended up as a planter. LOL!

And the seat ended up in the outhouse, eliminating the splinter-in-the-ass issue that had been plaguing those people for decades.

Bwahahaha!

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gawd.

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

The answers to the burning TT questions
TT # 5
The King of Beers
The votes are in .....
All right, my readers .... GO VOTE!
A Servant's Heart
Yeehaw!!!
The answer to the $ 900 question
TT # 4
It's a Conspiracy, I Tell Ya!


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button