Friday, August 04, 2006

The answer to the $ 900 question

Because it generated so much interest, and so many questions, I thought I would answer the $ 900 question: we turned the money in to the police, waited 30 days, and called on the 30th day. The money had not been claimed, so we both went down to the station after work and picked that money up! I am sure we went out to eat with it, and then bought silly, frivolous things because that is what young marrieds do when they have $ 900 to spend. We had a ticket to ride, baby!

The reason I asked him to pull the money back out of the bank was more of a CYA move than anything. I had all these visions of the original money having been elicit drug money, and that the numbers had already been marked down by the Government. I had these visions of us, being at our respective places of work, and the Feds busting through the cubicles, looking for us.

But then, even after we had pulled the amount out, I had these visions of that money still being traced to us, because of course, the bank wasn't going to give us THAT exact money back. I just knew that we were in the middle of a Government sting operation, and it was out of our control.

But of course, I do not openly admit my paranoia to just anyone ... just the entire Internet community. Because in our small circle of friends and family, I was the altrustic one... the one who said "we REALLY should take the high road, just in case someone is really looking for that money."

Poor Ace was left holding the money bag, looking like the greedy one. And he wasn't.

But don't tell any of my friends.... we don't need their image of me, the Saint, turned into the image of me, the Conspiracy Theorist.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is funny, I would say that I would have done the same thing. I would be petrifide that someone would come looking for us!! Better to be safe than sorry :-)

9:32 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Thank you for finishing the story, we all were wondering.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Awesome story! I would've had to turn the money in, out of guilt. But it would be tough!

11:07 AM  
Blogger K said...

Thanks for finishing the story!! I'm glad you were able to keep the money!!

1:33 AM  
Blogger Beck said...

I'm glad you finished the story - that was quite the cliffhanger!

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The goal of taboo phone sex Olympism is to place everywhere sport at the service of
the harmonious development of taboo phone sex, with a view to encouraging the
establishment of a peaceful society concerned with the preservation of
human dignity. taboo phone sex

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

TT # 4
It's a Conspiracy, I Tell Ya!
Hellishly Hot
Proof positive of why you should never send a chil...
Mommy Off the Record soon to leave
Sweet, sweet sound
TT # 3
Musings..
Hot Tot Toy Awards
I'm starting to think I need to change his name


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button