Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Going postal

That term ... "going postal." Do postal employees really have it all that bad that there is a propensity for violence in the system, causing them to lash out at co-workers and supervisors? Or, is our society just fixated on the system because it creates a better "story" for the papers and news services, as a whole?

I read an article in our newspaper today, an AP column out of Akron. Apparently, one former postal employee had had enough. So he decided to retaliate against his former co-workers. And how did he retaliate?

By pouring urine in the coffee pot.

For several months.

Shaheen was videotaped on two occsions in July 2005 pouring uring into a coffee pot in a break room. He did not offer a motive, but his lawyer, Paul Adamson, said Shaheen had been frustrated about his work.

What would cause you do something like this? I know we all have our problems in this world, but there is NOthing in this world that would be SO bad that I could put urine in a coffee pot, and could stand there, watching people drinking from that pot.

Sure ... there have been times when I dared my online friends (who were getting grief for pumping breastmilk at work) to go up to the boss and say "is that creamer in your coffee, or my breastmilk?" But that would be a joke.

But I guess Mr. Shaheeen just couldn't handle things anymore. So he took matters into his own hands.

And proved the old adage wrong ... he DID have a pot to pi$$ in.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

omg, i am dying here. that is just...ewww...

but to answer the "going postal" question, I thought it was because crazies would go into post offices and shoot people or do other nasty acts there.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

I changed it to just Blogger people because I have received spam comments left on my posts.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Another Angel In Heaven
Pass the Torch Tuesday
Cleaning out the stuff
The Amazing Race 10 - A Review
It is all a difference of perspective, I suppose
Good morning to my new renter!
Dear Target
Ok... I can't stop talking about this pageant crap
Gag me with a wig.... seriously!
TT # 10


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button