Saturday, September 16, 2006

It is all a difference of perspective, I suppose

From Queen Bee:

Mommy! We met a new friend tonight! He is really nice, and he followed us all over the place at the playground and the park.

Really? That is nice. What was his name?

Ummmmm. Hmmmm. I don't remember.

Ace's version:

Did you hear about our little friend at the park?

Well, I heard that you acquired another child. Who was it?

Well, his name is Anthony, and he lives on X street, so I guess he just walks over to the park whenever he wants to. He was there with his shirt off. We met up with him at the big slide, and then he followed us to a buckeye tree. He asked to ride Queen's scooter, and she said that was fine.

So we take off across the street to the other little playground, and he follows us. Then we walk over to the memorial park, and sure enough, Anthony comes with us. At one point in time, Queen says "he likes me!" And I was thinking the same thing. Then he started talking to me.

So, what grade are you in?

Second. I'm over eight years old.

Oh ok. I was thinking you looked like you were in second or third grade.

Yeah. Well, I am supposed to be in third, but I flunked second grade last year. So I am repeating it.

Oh. I see. Well, I am sure you are doing better this time around.

Yeah. Well, I have some anger management problems.

Oh, really?

Yeah. I don't express my emotions very well.

Aha. Well, ok.

I'm doing ok. I am in counseling.

At which point I made sure that Anthony didn't follow my family home, didn't find out that Queen goes to the same school as he does, and that we got the scooter back in one piece.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Curtis said...

...and these are the days you're glad you've decided parental supervision is generally a good practice.

Kelly

10:40 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

So true, Kelly!

Hey... I received the magnet today! It is on my refrigerator. Thank you so much!!!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Bellezza said...

I wonder if Anthony will be as open about his anger management issues when he's 23? Hopefully, some sweet, young thing won't be bamboozled, as it's so easy to do.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

I know, Kelly. Do you know how to remove comments? I was looking around, but couldn't find anything. I have changed my settings to not allowing anonymous comments. But if you know how I can remove it, I would be forever indebted.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Dude. I NEVER saw that garbage can down there. THANK you so much, Kelly.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

Yikes! You definitely don't want to mess around with someone like Anthony. We had two sets of neighbors whose children had anger management issues, and one of Drama Queen's "friends" does. Scar-ee.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Good morning to my new renter!
Dear Target
Ok... I can't stop talking about this pageant crap
Gag me with a wig.... seriously!
TT # 10
I Caught Ya!
Pass the Torch Tuesday
Mommy ... how do people die?
9/11 ... where were you?
My new renter


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button