Monday, October 02, 2006

12:19 am

Dear Queen Bee:

I know you have heard of the moment I found out I was carrying your life in my body.

I know you have heard of the moments after your birth when you weren't breathing on your own, and we didn't hear you cry for 7-8 minutes.

I know you have heard of your first steps taken as you were watching Teletubbies.

I know you have heard how for quite some time, you referred to yourself only by your last name.

I know you have heard all about the first smiles, the first laughs, the first time you slept through the night, and the first tooth.

I know you have heard the stories of how you would love to get a bowl full of fresh snow, and sit on the kitchen floor with a big spoon and eat it.

I know you have heard us tell you countless times how much we love you.

But I don't think you have heard me tell you how much my life was changed at 12:19 in the morning on this date in 1998.

Happy Eighth Birthday, sweet, sweet child.





7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, you big second grader! We are so proud of what you've done so far, and can't wait to see what you have yet to accomplish in life. You are a great big sister (most of the time!), and it's so nice when we catch you teaching your brother and sister things. And it's funny to see you mother them sometimes, too...
We love you very very very much! Enjoy your special day!!!
Love, Daddy

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was gorgeous, Meredith. And Ace gets points today too.

Happy birthday Queen Bee.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Way to make me cry!

Happy Birthday, Queen Bee!!

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww. Happy 8th Birthday to your big girl.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a sweet, sweet post. from incredibly special parents. wow. (hugs) for you all on this special day!

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They grow up too fast! Happy Birthday to Queen Bee!

4:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two are too much...
ahhhh....
love you all!
Happy Birthday M!

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

A Perfect Post - September Style
Open mouth, insert soccer cleat
Lost in translation
Welcome to The Pink Diary
Lines from movies
This is your brain. This is a bad movie. This is y...
TT # 12
You buy from my kid, I'll buy from yours
Ok Nip/Tuckers
Blech


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button