Thursday, September 28, 2006

This is your brain. This is a bad movie. This is your brain watching a bad movie. Any questions?

Ace has put our last month of Blockbuster online to the test. He has rented himself a doozie.

The Date Movie.

I don't even know who is in this movie, but I just watched the opening segment, and I had to leave because I physically felt the brain cells oozing out of my ear, screaming as they abandoned ship.

And he will watch the WHOLE thing. No matter how terribly poor it is. He watched some other movie a month or so ago. Stayed up past midnight just to finish it. Said it was the worse movie he has seen in a LOOONG time.

We have two rating systems.

As bad as The Island of Dr. Moreau and
Worse than The Island of Dr. Moreau.

The Date Movie... that falls in the latter category.

So let's talk about The Office instead. So if you Tivo'd The Office but haven't watched it yet, leave.

Ok. Now that the techie geeks are out of here (just kidding.. it really is veiled jealousy from which I speak), I have to say that this series has restored my faith in the television season. No, it can't make up for a disappointing Desperate Housewives, or a totally predictable Nip/Tuck.

It can, however, take my mind away for 30 minutes. And one more of these episodes, and it is the mother of all season premieres. No, not Lost.

Battlestar Galactica.

Yeah. I talk a lot about it. So what? it's my blog, right?

I cannot WAIT for it to start. Next Friday. October 6. 10:00 pm. I have a Stampin' Up party that night, and then I will be all primed and ready to go for some BG action.

Oh wait. I was talking about The Office.

I loved the British version so much that I didn't want to give the American version a chance. I started watching it in the middle of the first season, and now I just watch it every week. I love this show. I love Michael and Pam and Jim and Dwight. All of them. Just love them. And I hate to admit it, but I am rooting for Michael and Jan to hook back up. You know she wants to.

So now I will take my geeky self and go watch some outtakes from The Office because my television has been taken hostage.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love me some office girl...you know I do! Loved it last week when they were looking for some gaydar..and when Micheal kissed him..so funny. Last night was fab, as always..so funny. It is so crazy that it takes you off guard and makes you laugh.
Umm, do you want to ride to the su party together?
Umm, could you fix my TT on my blog? I'm such a retard. I have somehow erased the link (that purple "Thursday Thirteen" picture) while I was trying to add the blogroll. Can you help me?
See, I still need you....
:)
Oh, ps, I loved reading all the comments about you, commenting about me...
so funny!

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I've heard enough about The Office to be more than mildly curious to see it. Are back episodes on DVD?

10:53 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Jenny. I don't know if there are any on DVD, yet. At least not the American version. I do know that the British (original) is out and rentable or buyable.

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so funny. Battlestar Galactica? The Office?

I can't even imagine how bad that movie was;)

Now if you want to see a bad Blockbuster, watch the Adam Sandler cartoonl I don't even remember the title - something about Christmas. We thought it was a kids movie - NOT!!!

But I have to admit there were some awesome lines. For instance,
"Smell ya later, Poopsicle."

Which of course, my children repeated for a month.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

The Office and Project Runway are all I watch these days.

The Office is so *on* as to office politics, it has to resonate with millions of people.

I loved the British version too (that part what the boss brings in his guitar and makes everyone listen?) but have to say Steve Carrell makes the American version perfect.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Kim, I couldn't agree with you more. I really think that Steve Carrell is perfect for the Ricky Jervais part. And there was that one scene in the British version where the boss is standing in the middle of a circle of his employees, doing this really bad dance. It was hilarious.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Irish Church Lady :) said...

I'm lovin THE OFFICE too, even though I just started watchin' it halfway through summer reruns!

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

TT # 12
You buy from my kid, I'll buy from yours
Ok Nip/Tuckers
Blech
Complaining just to .... complain
Do you correct it or not?
Bellezza made me do it
Y'all have a good weekend, hear?
My renter's stats
TT # 11


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button