Thursday, September 28, 2006
TT # 12
1. She and I have the same sense of humor. It doesn't matter what the subject is. We can say one word and totally know what the other person is thinking, because we are both on the same thought process.
2. Her scrapbook room is to DIE for. I haven't see it in person now that it is fully decked out, but she posted pictures on her blog of what it is shaping up to be, and all I have to say is the girl is unmatched when it comes to scrapbook supplies.
3. She isn't afraid to speak her mind. Very few of my friends have that ability, and I am totally in awe when she can make a point known without being obtuse about it.
4. Crop-A-Doodle-Do. She knows. She knows how much I spent. She knows how crazy I went. She knows that I can have a trucker's mouth on me. And I know about her, too. We just both ... know.
5. We share the same parenting style. She and I have a tendency to be ... a little louder than most parents. And we joke about it constantly. And we wonder why our children stand out in crowds.
6. Her children. They are just SO near and dear to my heart. I taught her older daughter in Sunday school, thinking to myself "now this is a child who knows who she is." And you SO have to know her older to understand that. And her younger child... what an absolute gem. I just love her to pieces. She is so soft-spoken. I just love to look at these two and think how night and day different they are.
7. Robin is a social worker. I have never witnessed her, first-hand, in her profession, but I know she is excellent. I know that she is nothing but a professional, and can show a compassion beyond compare. I have always admired Robin for taking on such a heart-wrenching profession. I don't think I would have the ability to do that, and to you Robin, I say kudos.
8. She loves to be as crazy busy as I do. Robin and I have what we like to call a multi-tasking ability that many would think is outright chaos. Chaos is where we thrive the best, and if it isn't chaotic enough, we look for something else.
9. She sets up dates for our husbands. I know that sounds strange, but Ace is a very introverted individual with not a lot of outside friends of his sex. Robin called one time and asked for her husband if my husband wanted to go to a NASCAR race together ... and it didn't even strike me as odd that Robin was calling me because I so would have done the same thing with Ace.
10. She lives a secret persona. This blog world, the scrapbooking worlds with her "sistas," it is all just so funny to see her in her "element."
11. She is a college professor. What an accomplishment for you, Robin. I know you love to do it, and it suits you well.
12. She is TALL. Now, I used to think that I was tall. Then I met Jacque (a mutual wonderful friend of ours) and Robin. They are the same height, and I am so glad that they have one another because for us shorties, we don't understand the growing pains they suffered through when growing up. And you should hear them talk about jeans shopping...
13. She ALWAYS has my back around my ex-boyfriend. Her husband is my ex's cousin, and that is how Robin and I met the second round. We were originally in 4-H together, then parted ways, and then re-met when were dating the boys, and then re-met in church. And oh how happy I am that we have caught up with one another during this time in our lives.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.
You buy from my kid, I'll buy from yours