Thursday, September 28, 2006

TT # 12



I have a friend, and her name is Robin. She is a TT'er, too and a fellow blogger. She is someone who has been in and out of my life for quite some time now, and now I can say that we have forged a friendship that is timeless. She dedicated a TT to me once, and it was so completely touching.
So here's to you, my friend....
Thirteen Things I Love About Robin

1. She and I have the same sense of humor. It doesn't matter what the subject is. We can say one word and totally know what the other person is thinking, because we are both on the same thought process.

2. Her scrapbook room is to DIE for. I haven't see it in person now that it is fully decked out, but she posted pictures on her blog of what it is shaping up to be, and all I have to say is the girl is unmatched when it comes to scrapbook supplies.

3. She isn't afraid to speak her mind. Very few of my friends have that ability, and I am totally in awe when she can make a point known without being obtuse about it.

4. Crop-A-Doodle-Do. She knows. She knows how much I spent. She knows how crazy I went. She knows that I can have a trucker's mouth on me. And I know about her, too. We just both ... know.

5. We share the same parenting style. She and I have a tendency to be ... a little louder than most parents. And we joke about it constantly. And we wonder why our children stand out in crowds.

6. Her children. They are just SO near and dear to my heart. I taught her older daughter in Sunday school, thinking to myself "now this is a child who knows who she is." And you SO have to know her older to understand that. And her younger child... what an absolute gem. I just love her to pieces. She is so soft-spoken. I just love to look at these two and think how night and day different they are.

7. Robin is a social worker. I have never witnessed her, first-hand, in her profession, but I know she is excellent. I know that she is nothing but a professional, and can show a compassion beyond compare. I have always admired Robin for taking on such a heart-wrenching profession. I don't think I would have the ability to do that, and to you Robin, I say kudos.

8. She loves to be as crazy busy as I do. Robin and I have what we like to call a multi-tasking ability that many would think is outright chaos. Chaos is where we thrive the best, and if it isn't chaotic enough, we look for something else.

9. She sets up dates for our husbands. I know that sounds strange, but Ace is a very introverted individual with not a lot of outside friends of his sex. Robin called one time and asked for her husband if my husband wanted to go to a NASCAR race together ... and it didn't even strike me as odd that Robin was calling me because I so would have done the same thing with Ace.

10. She lives a secret persona. This blog world, the scrapbooking worlds with her "sistas," it is all just so funny to see her in her "element."

11. She is a college professor. What an accomplishment for you, Robin. I know you love to do it, and it suits you well.

12. She is TALL. Now, I used to think that I was tall. Then I met Jacque (a mutual wonderful friend of ours) and Robin. They are the same height, and I am so glad that they have one another because for us shorties, we don't understand the growing pains they suffered through when growing up. And you should hear them talk about jeans shopping...

13. She ALWAYS has my back around my ex-boyfriend. Her husband is my ex's cousin, and that is how Robin and I met the second round. We were originally in 4-H together, then parted ways, and then re-met when were dating the boys, and then re-met in church. And oh how happy I am that we have caught up with one another during this time in our lives.






Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Friend...you've totally made my day!
So glad you are in my life!
Love you much!
Kiss kiss, hug hug!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

You are a great friend!

Have a great Thursday!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Darla said...

What a nice way to honor your friend!

Happy TT!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

aww - good friends are so special!

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a really great tribute to your friend.

And when you can come up with 13 specific and awesome characteristics -- obviously you have an excellent relationship. Pretty cool.

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, that is so touching. Isn't it great to have a friend like that, one who just "gets" you.

Mine is finally up. I couldn't think of anything on my own, so I stole your idea from last week.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading about bestest friends!

She sounds awesome!

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading about bestest friends!

She sounds awesome!

11:57 AM  
Blogger -atomik kitten said...

What a sweet TT!! :)

My MIL has one of those "to die for" rooms too.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a really great tribute to your friend. She sounds very special.
Happy Thursday!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Wow, I salute social workers, especially those who are good at it. I admire people who actually lay down their lives to serve others. I enjoy reading the tribute. :)

Thanks for dropping by.

1:58 PM  
Blogger -R- said...

I only have a few friends who totally get my sense of humor all the time and who just "get" me. That is the best feeling. I'm glad you found that in Robin. What a great list.

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome friend.

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great to have a close friend to share life with! It sounds like you have an awesome one!

Happy Thursday!

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so cool that you guys have such a great friendship. Thanks for sharing!

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a very touching tribute. Robin must be very happy to have you as a friend!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Irish Church Lady :) said...

Interesting TT! Cheers to you two!

12:25 AM  
Blogger DigiscrapMom said...

This is a touching and wonderful tribute for a friend.

Happy weekend!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

You buy from my kid, I'll buy from yours
Ok Nip/Tuckers
Blech
Complaining just to .... complain
Do you correct it or not?
Bellezza made me do it
Y'all have a good weekend, hear?
My renter's stats
TT # 11
Going postal


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button