Sunday, October 22, 2006

All we were missing was the Ark

On a dreary and rainy Sunday morning, we trekked off to the African Safari Wildlife Park. I had been reading about it on the blog of Christi Thomas because this was a favorite pastime for she and her family before she passed away.

There were animals all over the place at this place. It was hilarious in some places, annoying in others. Like when the llama with the really bad underbite was following beside us ... hilarious.



When the herd of buffalo were standing in the middle of the road and we literally had to bump them with the front of our van ... semi-hilarious.



When the buffalo came up and started to bump US with their heads and horns ... not so hilarious.



But the kids had a ball, and we even got to visit Cheese Haven. They had this whole long case of cheese and sausages and whatnot, along with all sorts of samples. The man behind the counter said "this is just 10 percent of what we have. The other 90 percent is behind the cases."

And the Door Man thought he was in Cheese Heaven. He was stuffing (seriously, I would not make this up) cheese and sausages in his pockets and he would reach in from time to time and pull out a tasty little morsel, saying things like "I love cheese" or "this is just in my pockets for later." Because ... you never know when you will ever make it back to Cheese Haven.

Of course, he was calling it Cheese Cutters by the time we got home.

4 Comments:

Anonymous kailani said...

I can just imagine those "cutters"! I hope the rest of the family didn't suffer from them!

2:33 AM  
Anonymous Robin said...

freakin hysterical Mer...
did you see the chocolate cheese or better yet, the mint chocolate cheese?
Having a hard time getting going today. It is almost 8am and here I sit, Ab's is still asleep. Carly and daddy left a hour ago to start their day. Pretty bad when a six year old is more motivated than her mother.
oh well.
tired.
so tired.
too cold out.
Cheers!
Oh, by the way...loved the pics!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

There were NO samples out for the chocolate cheese, and that immediately bummed me out ... until I saw the display for the Breitenbach (or however that is spelled) wine. So I consoled myself with that purchase.

9:00 AM  
Blogger The "Mind" said...

I so did not get the "rolled by a buffalo" line in your other post. Now I do. Yikes. I've heard they have attitude, not sure I'd be bumping them outta the way. LOL!

Great pictures. Cheese Haven. Cheese Cutters. I love that he was stuffing them in his pocket for later.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Going on a trek
The tooth fairy left me moonshine
Waiting
Third Roommate Syndrome
TT # 15
WW # 2 - Pedicure, Preschool Style
Two ducks
Sneaking that one in
Childhood fears
Poof.... and it's gone, and a ball of yarn


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button