Friday, October 20, 2006

Waiting

I can't wait until I start my period.

Wow. I can't wait until I get a chest.

I can't wait until I get my ears pierced.

I can't wait until I turn 16 and get my learner's permit.

I can't wait until I turn 18 and then you can't tell me what to do.

I can't wait to go to college.

I can't wait for summer break to be over so I can get back to partying.

I can't wait until I find a man.

I can't wait until he asks me to marry him.

I can't wait until we get married.

I can't wait until we start having children.

I can't wait a whole nine months to see her face.

I can't wait until this baby is OUT of my body.

I can't wait until she starts smiling.

I can't wait until she starts crawling.

I can't wait until she starts talking.

I can't wait until she starts walking.

I can't wait to have a second child.

I can't wait until she stops getting into things.

I can't wait until she stops the incessant chatter.

I can't wait until she can wipe herself in the bathroom.

I can't wait until this second child is born.

I can't wait until he starts crawling/talking/walking.

I can't wait until these two stop getting everything in my kitchen.

I can't wait until the birth of my third child.

I can't wait until she starts crawling/talking/walking.

I can't wait until they aren't backtalking me.

Wait. Where did my time go? When did my children start to grow up.

I know. I have wished a lot of it away.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do this too. I wish and hope and pray for things to get here and then they are gone before I even know it!

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know. I can't wait til school starts. (check Thursday Thirteen, mid-August)

Then I pull them out of school. Can you say CONFUSED????

10:21 PM  
Blogger Awesome Mom said...

That is so true!

12:13 AM  
Blogger Noi Rocker said...

Here via Invisible Blogger. This is an interesting list and I must say I am halfway there!

Neat site!

1:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wahhh!!!!!!!!!
alright already...
I wish I had some cold corona...
:)

7:58 AM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

Yea, I catch myself playing this game too but then I remember to just enjoy the times that I'm experiencing.

1:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guilt of this. I'm always waiting for something to come when I should be concentrating on what's happening now.

4:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe as a consequence of working where I do, most of the time I'm perfectly happy right where I am in life. I have 85 year-old ladies who lose their husbands and the first thing they say to me is, "Enjoy every moment...every argument, every agreement, every smile, every tear. It's all gone too quickly." And then I burst into tears.

Fortunately for Pman, this has also kept me from laying down an ultimatum of marriage or buh-bye, because it forced me to sit down and evaluate which was more important, the man or a marriage.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Bellezza said...

This post is very piercing to me. I have done the exact same thing: hurried up my life, and then wonder where it went. I hope we learn to enjoy the now, because the past is gone and the future is not in our grasp. Your words really, really touched me. I think it is a Perfect Post.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Third Roommate Syndrome
TT # 15
WW # 2 - Pedicure, Preschool Style
Two ducks
Sneaking that one in
Childhood fears
Poof.... and it's gone, and a ball of yarn
Jacque Blue
The wheels on the bus
TT # 14


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button