Monday, December 04, 2006

Obsessions


At this house, we have obsessions. They can last a short time and burn out quickly, or they can stick around for quite a while and I wonder when they will ever end.

The Door Man was obsessed with doors. He still is, to some degree, but when he was growing up, he would just open. and shut. and open. and shut. We used to joke that we were going to install a door frame on the wall for a Christmas present, and that would be all he would ever want or need that Christmas.

The Door Man is now a paper obsessed-fiend. He loves paper. All sorts of paper. And that paper has to have his writing on it. He writes all sorts of things: days of the week, months of the year, Happy this or that. I have to get on him constantly about leaving paper all over the house.

Queen Bee never really picked up an obsession. She just moves from one thing to the next, and really concerns me that she could technically qualify for ADD meds.

And now the Chandelier Monkey has an obsession: hulas.

Hulas are dresses or skirts, but mainly are dance leotards with twirly skirts.

She wakes up. She wants a hula on.

"Where's my purple hula?" she just asked not five minutes ago. "Is it dirty?"

"Honey I don't know but here's the deal: you can't wear a hula today unless you wear a shirt underneath because it is a whopping 17 degrees outside right now."

"I not going OUTside in my hula, Mommy! I wear it in house!!!"

She came back about 5 minutes later and said "MOMMY! I want hula on NOW!"

Well excuse me then.
Like I said ... obsessed.
"Ok honey ... just let me finish blogging and I'll get to you ... after I read about three other blogs."
What was that I was saying about obsessions?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our obsessions here are art stuff and drum stuff. The only thing Dreaded Teenager is obsessed with is driving me insane with his random acts of stupid. Oh, that sounds mean. Maybe I should say random acts of brain vacancy? Testosterone influx?

6:24 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Random acts of boy/manhood sounds more legitimate. You know how they run on totally different brain cells than we do.

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just send her over to my place and she can have all the hula she wants!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

My twin daughters, right now are obsessed with some hand-me-down cowboy boots that someone gave them! They wear them to school, at home, all day, every day! Shelby even tried to wear them to bed, and I had to put my foot down to that !! LOL I came over from Kailani's place by the way, and I like it, I'm sure I'll be back!

6:20 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Oh samantha ... that sounds like something one of my kids would do!

Thanks for stopping by, and hope to see you again!

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drama Queen went through a two-year addiction to dresses. And not just any dress, only "pretty dresses." I remember one vacation (camping for a week) I took some cute dresses with us that she would never wear because they weren't pretty enough for regular wear. I hated to get them all dirty, but the child refused to wear them any other time. She didn't have a choice then, but she sure wasn't happy about it.

Now I can't get her into a dress to save my life.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Trains and various states of undress
Wouldn't this be a hoot!
Murphy's Law doesn't even cover it
The new digs!
All I want for Christmas is a cool laptop
Take a picture; it'll last longer
TT # 19
Six Weird Things About Me
ONE more Thanksgiving story, and I promise to stop
So you tell me ....


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button