Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Perfect timing

This morning as I was showering, I decided to take the younger two to lunch at Panera. We hadn't been there for a while, and the Monkey loves their soup. I got everyone around, got shoes and socks on, got everyone pottied, and we headed off to Panera.

I had the Door Man take his backpack because I didn't want to rush back to get him on the bus. I was just going to drop him off at school because we were already running late as it was.

We get to Panera, and the kids and I are standing in line.

I look at the Door Man and think "that right eye looks funny."

"Hey dude, when I asked you if your contacts were in this morning, were you sure that they were in? Because it looks like your right lens is missing."

"Oh yeah. I forgot to tell you ... it was missing when I woke up."

WHAT?!?!?!?!!? WTHeck?!?!?!?!

This was AFTER I asked him if he had his contacts in. Three times.

This was AFTER we had left the house and weren't going to be returning with him in tow.

This was AFTER the contact fell out of his eye and was sitting out for more than 12 hours now.

This was AFTER I went on a rampage and started throwing all the clothes that he has thrown on his floor up onto his bed.

Needless to say, I didn't find that right lens. I am putting Ace on it tonight. Ace the Contact Detective. Maybe I should put Queen Bee on it because she can find them in the blink of a de-lensed eye.

So he is wearing an old Rx in his left eye and his left lens in his right eye. Because his parents don't buy extras at $ 250 a pop. Yes. $ 250 for a pair of contacts for this boy.

These are the lenses that my insurer loves to deny coverage on. You can read about my rantings here but I warn you .... if you don't want to read bad, bad, foul-mouthed, really nasty, wouldn't kiss your mother with that potty mouth, don't read the post. Seriously. I was mad. I was enraged. I was being a protective mother bear in the post.

So I think I have warned you enough on that one. Right?

Now I need to get some new lenses for him, but he really needs to see his docs first.

This boy goes all Harry Houdini with his lenses. One time, on our way to his checkup in the Wolverine State, he literally LOST his lens. In his carseat. They had to get him a new lens when we got there, and then the dr. went and changed the Rx on them. So we paid for a lens to be worn for 10 whole minutes.

These contacts and I have a love/hate relationship.

At least he didn't say "oh yeah... they both fell out and I ate them."

But that would end the search for them. I don't know. Double-edged sword.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man. I hope you find it.

I couldn't imagine having kids that young with contacts. I think my teenager with disposables is bad enough. A youngin' with $250 contacts? Oye!

9:12 PM  
Blogger jedimerc said...

Wow, that might have been interesting had he said 'I ate them'um... for humor's sake, not so much for y'all... when I first got contacts they were terribly expensive because of my astigmatism, and even when the price dropped, they still weren't right. (I could only wear them for about 4-5 hours without my eyes drying out badly). So, I think I am going to wait until eye surgery is a little lower cost.

Oh, btw, did you see that Kentucky actually got a bowl bid? Almost as crazy as Rice getting one... wait, they did too... such a strange football season so far, and that's just college ball :)

10:10 PM  
Blogger Awesome Mom said...

That sucks!!!

10:58 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

jedimerc ... i KNOW. My husband came back to the bedroom a few mornings ago and said "you know... kentucky is in a bowl this year."

I didn't know, but I said that I did. Because I just had this feeling.

11:24 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

$250, OUCH! You need contact insurance, is there such a thing?

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Why don't you turn that high-powered perception at...
My cool find
and I am sure there is something wrong with this a...
Obsessions Part Deux
Obsessions
Trains and various states of undress
Wouldn't this be a hoot!
Murphy's Law doesn't even cover it
The new digs!
All I want for Christmas is a cool laptop


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button